1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website help

Discussion in 'Web Development Help' started by frantheman76, Jul 20, 2004.

1. frantheman76

frantheman76 Techie7 New Member

Hey everyone, i'm looking for a bit of help!! I recently launched my own website - www.platinumclubuk.net. As you can see it's pretty basic, hosted by geocities, and for most of the pages I use GeoCities PageBuilder. The site is mainly for me and my friends to post funny pictures of our weekends partying!! Now the problem - i'm looking for a quick and easy way to upload all our pictures directly from a digital camera onto a web page that can be easily linked back to the site. I've tried a few methods but all of these are so time consuming, and my file manager is starting to look like a scrapyard!!

Any ideas anyone?? I'd be very grateful for any help.

Thank you in advance :)

2. d-a-l

d-a-l Techie7 Administrator Staff Member Techie7 Chief

Hi,

Are you looking for a third party service like this - http://www.ofoto.com/UploadOverview.jsp? which can manage all your photos online? If your looking for basic then this type of service is probably best....

3. frantheman76

frantheman76 Techie7 New Member

That looks like a good bet. Thanks a lot for your help, i'll give it a go.

4. d-a-l

d-a-l Techie7 Administrator Staff Member Techie7 Chief

Your welcome, let me know how you get on.

5. HappyBeaver

HappyBeaver Bea*ering Away!

OMG! Was Andrew Lloyd Webber in Bournemouth?
    [​IMG]

LOL - only kiddin' He could do with a brow wax though.... I live in Bournemouth too you know :D

I assume you have good hosting for your site?

I use Photoshop to handle all my piccies (yes, I am another photo mad person on nights out). Photoshop automates the sizing and folder structure of the finished images so you only have to upload one folder to the web!

You can choose many options in respect of how they will look on the web. For example, here is one of my recent nights out to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

http://www.thesoulgirl.com/incrowd190604/index.htm

Last edited: Jul 25, 2004