1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installed SoundMax and it's not working

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by jkb, Oct 22, 2004.

1. jkb

jkb Techie7 New Member

Hi,

I installed the soundmax digital audio driver and it isn't working. I am getting no sound :mad:

how can i tell if its a prob. with the board itself or ..??

i'm compl. lost and frustrated. I have checked the volume etc.

any ideas??
    :confused:

2. jkb

jkb Techie7 New Member

here's my puter info..

it's just that supp. i'm supp. to have onboard sound :confused:

Attached Files:

3. Bear

Bear D-A-L Elite Member

Is this the driver you installed ?

[​IMG]

I found it HERE
    :)

4. jkb

jkb Techie7 New Member

[​IMG]

this is the one i did.. is this the prob? aka should i have installed the one u posted? :eek: :confused:

tyia

Last edited: Oct 22, 2004
  5. jkb

jkb Techie7 New Member

act. that is for a a pentium CPU; my computer has a Duron 1300Mhz CPU

6. Bear

Bear D-A-L Elite Member

Your correct, I just looked at your system info again. That should be the correct driver for your board. The File Name WDM_3663.zip, so you down loaded the zip file, unzipped to the proper directory, and the sound still isn't working? Have you gone into device manager and tried installing the driver manualy? After you clicked on the unzipped .exe or install file and restarted the computer did Windows find new hardware and attempt to install the driver for the sound? More questions than answers sorry :)

7. jkb

jkb Techie7 New Member

i unzipped it to a directory ..i didn't think it needed to be in a spec. one.

i have no clue how to go into dev. manager and install the driver manually.

yep after i unzipped/extracted etc the file and rebooted it did say found new hardware with that bubble icon in the start menu. and no it didn't attempt to install it.

I used the setup.exe that came with it.

aaaaaaaack lol i don't know what the prob is. :(

ty

8. Bear

Bear D-A-L Elite Member

To get to device manager, Right click My Computer, click Properties, click the Hardware tab, click Device Manager. Double click Sound, video and game controllers. Are there any yellow exclamation points or red Xs?

9. jkb

jkb Techie7 New Member

nope..no yellow ex. or red x's

Grrrrrrrr

10. Bear

Bear D-A-L Elite Member

Hmmmmmmm, I'll have to do some more research on this tomorrow check back in the afternoon. I have plans tonight and in the morning. :) But I'll keep looking, please be patient. Thanks

11. jkb

jkb Techie7 New Member

:) thanks and np.

no just frustrated from a few days and a night of trying to figure this out lol..i have uninstalled and reinstalled it as well..so i'm lost.

unless it is a hardware prob..aka the slot/plug in thingy (yeah like my terminology lolol-i'm tired ) in back isn't working..where u plug in headphones/speakers? that is the only other thing i can think of and haven't a clue to tell if that is the prob.

ty ;)

12. jkb

jkb Techie7 New Member

still without sound..even tried different speakers no ideas?

13. toysub_81

toysub_81 Techie7 New Member

Hey,
    Sorry to jump in the forum but I've been reading your forum because I had the same problem that you described. If I'm correct, you can install the driver for the SoundMax card ok and you have an Asus A7V400-MX motherboard and an AMD processor. I tried all the things mentioned as well as pulling my motherboard out and trying it out of my case to eliminate any grounding issues or standoff shorting problems. I finally returned the motherboard to the store and got a new one (Exactly the same one). I put my old CPU and RAM back in the new motherboard, booted up and BINGO! I had sound. Case solved....bad motherboard. Now I'm not 100% sure the problem on the motherboard, but I do have a hunch. When I would plug in my speakers to my old motherboard, it felt a little soft... i.e. - It didn't make a hard click in. But I didn't worry about it too much. However after I had all the issues with the sound I became suspicious. When I go the new motherboard and plugged in the 3.5mm phone jack from my speakers, it 'clicked in" like it make a good solid connection. So I'm about 99% sure that it was a bad speaker input connection on that motherboard. Maybe since you're having the same problem and your motheboard is the same, it could possibly be the same thing. If not, sorry, I don't have any other ideas.

toysub_81

14. toysub_81

toysub_81 Techie7 New Member

Just re reading your computer information and I guess you don't have the same model of motherboard that I do. Oh well, we could still have the same problem.
    Hope this helps

toysub_81