1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

device descriptor request failed

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help' started by cyberwasp, Oct 7, 2021.

1. cyberwasp

cyberwasp Established Techie7 Member

For the past few days my system started booting slow and my led keyboard wasn't responding right away at the login or the mouse. I thought it was the bios but have reset it to the default profile set up by Puget systems

Tonight I opened up device manager on a whim and found under the usb the following, "Unkown usb device, Device Descriptor request failed." I removed every usb plug except keyboard and mouse and the error was still in device manager. Replaced keyboard/mouse and rebooted, Device error still returns. Not sure how to get to it without a mouse so any ideas welcomed. TIA

Windows 10
    Asus strix 270E
    32gb ram
    1tb ssd
    1tb hdd
    Synology 32tb disk station. (4tb usb backup drive attached to Synology)

Ipdate:Have no idea why, but my hard drives are now appearing as usb devices. WHY?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  2. cyberwasp

cyberwasp Established Techie7 Member

ok, FWIW: I found a problem in device manager. A usb connection is saying, Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed.) I beleive this is part of the issue but can't find a solution. I did solve the drives appearing under usb as it was a bios setting. If anyone has a solution to the unknown device, please post. TIA

Is this board still active???