1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Printer error message

Discussion in 'General Hardware Issues' started by White surfer, Aug 14, 2019 at 4:55 PM.

1. White surfer

White surfer Established Techie7 Member

I have an Envy 5646 and am unable to print. When I click on print I get an error message saying User Intervention Required giving the following error http://[fe80::b25a:fe67:568c%11]:3911/Comment. I do not know how to solve this problem any help very welcome as my stack of printing is piling up - although not queued as I have cancelled those documents.

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

3. White surfer

Yes it worked fine until end of last week when the error message appeared and I had run through the help page mentioned and came a cropper when asked to do a manual connection Step 6 and it seemed to present a problem so I reset back to original IP addresses etc . You probably prefer that I hadn't attempted to help myself but what is done is done I'm afraid

4. Digerati

Not at all. You took logical steps. What I don't like is when problems occur and illogical steps occur - like automatically reinstalling Windows at the first sign of problems.

What happens when you try to create a manual connection? Do you get errors? Have you tried a different computer?

How is the computer networked? Ethernet or wifi? If Ethernet, you might try a different port.

5. White surfer

Well I followed it through again and I changed the settings, I then went on to step 7 and added a new port. I then tried to print and hurray it did so but it takes a good half minute from clicking print to anything happening. It is a wireless connection and no I haven't tried a different computer as we only have one.

May we keep this thread open please because previously I have had it working, shut down overnight and then back to it not working?

Thanks for your assistance so far

6. White surfer

The printer woke up and printed after a night's sleep and I solved the problem of the delayed start by going into Printer Properties so now is all back to normal - fingers crossed

Thank you for your advice, you are so helpful

7. Digerati

Glad it seems to be working and thanks for your followup posts.