1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memeo backup

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help' started by cyberwasp, Jun 22, 2017.

1. cyberwasp

cyberwasp Established Techie7 Member

I hope someone can help me remember how I fixed this. Awhile ago during window 8 I installed a program called Memeo backup that came with my network drive. have been using it ever since. The only problem was that it breaks the right click on start icon choice.

After a long and tedious search I discovered a file the memeo backup installs to add shortcuts to the menus was the culprit and after disabling it, the shortcuts worked.

Well I just finished building a new machine and used memeo to restore my files, however the shortcuts are now disabled. I was wondering if anyone knows or can find the thread that I posted with the file name. I know it started with an r. I also can't recall which utility I used to locate it. I believe it was one of the systernals utilities

Any and all help would be appreciated. TIA

2. cyberwasp

cyberwasp Established Techie7 Member

Hey guys. My brain finally came to life and remembered the app I used. Found the culprit and killed it. Start menu shortcuts are back. The utility was ShellExview and the memeo culprit is Ruvuma.contextmenuext.contextmenu. just disable the sucker, lol