1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

event viewer / mickeysoft

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Help' started by cyberwasp, Apr 17, 2015.

1. cyberwasp

cyberwasp Established Techie7 Member

I used to be able to type event in the metro search and event viewer app would come up so I could start it. Now however it doesn't do it. I have to search the control panel for it. Did MS screw that up too!

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

No. It works for me with 8.1. But note when I enter event, "View event logs" is what comes up. What do you see?

3. cyberwasp

finally figure it out. somehow one of the updates hid the administrator tools.

4. Digerati

Great! I am glad you got it sorted but how do you know it was an update? It seems if so, there would be many complaining of the same thing.

5. cyberwasp

the night before was update Tuesday and I remember the updates where more than 10. also I tried to open event viewer the next morning
    and nothing else was done to the pc. wanted to look into performance log.

6. Digerati

And are you sure Event viewer worked immediately before the updates?

7. cyberwasp

Yes as I was going through it just before shutting the system down prior to installing the updates that evening.

8. Digerati

Well, not sure why even view would suddenly disappear but glad it seems be resolved.