1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Update fails to install repeatedly

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help' started by Benbecula, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Benbecula

Benbecula Established Techie7 Member

The following Windows update, has failed to install on at least ten occasions since it was posted in late September. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium Service pack 1. I have disabled my Kaspersky Internet Security thinking that it was blocking the installation but it still fails to install.
    Thanks for any advice.

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 SP1 x86 (KB2972211)
    Download size: 7.6 MB
    You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
    Update type: Important
    More information:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2972211

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

3. Benbecula

My apologies for not responding Digerati. My old desktop is almost 'clapped out' and I'm using my laptop now. I'm away for a week so will resume our conversation when I return. Many thanks.

Benbecula

4. Digerati

Thanks for the update.

5. Benbecula

Attempted to rectify the problem by downloading and running the Fixit programme. Downloading ok then tried to run the troubleshooting programme. I received the following error message after a few seconds :-
    "An unexpected error has occurred while troubleshooting.
    Package ID - Windows Update Diagnostic.
    Path - Unknown
    Error Code - 0x80070002
    Source - Engine
    User Don-PC\Don
    Context - Elevated
    The troubleshooting wizard cannot continue.

6. Digerati

7. Benbecula

Copied & pasted the link into my browser but the response was :- Sorry, the page you requested is not available. Did you have any results with the link? I also pasted the same link into the Microsoft Community webpage. There appears to be several similar older queries regarding failed updates but no recent posts.

8. Digerati