1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Flash player assistance please.

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help' started by Don Morrison, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Don Morrison

Don Morrison Techie7 New Member

I'm having a problem viewing video files on FB & e-mail attachments on my laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I received an error message to download Adobe Flash player when I attempted to view a video file. I have subsequently downloaded Adobe Flash Player 12 but still cannot view any files. I have checked my system for All Programmes but Adobe Flash Player is not evident. However when I navigate to the Control Panel > Uninstall programme window Adobe Flash Player 12 Active X is evident at the top of installed programmes, installed 4/2/2013, size 6mb, Version 12.0.0.38.

Any guidance appreciated

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

You could have a corrupt installation of Flash Player. I recommend you download and save to a convenient spot the Adobe FlashPlayer Uninstaller. Close all browser sessions, then run the uninstaller and reboot to ensure all hooks are removed. Then reinstall Adobe FlashPlayer and see what happens.

3. Don Morrison

Don Morrison Techie7 New Member

Many thanks for your invaluable assistance. Followed your instructions carefully and Flash Player successfully installed.
    DonM

4. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Great! Glad it worked and thanks for the followup.