1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

internet explorer message: IE stopped working.

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help' started by ewolthausen, Dec 5, 2013.

1. ewolthausen

ewolthausen Techie7 New Member

Also the webpages were very, very slow. OS win7, IE11, I wiped PC and reinstalled, came with IE8, but I
    received the same message. Is it Windows, IE, or service provider?
    Thanks, Johanna

2. Jim23

Jim23 Dedicated Member

Hi ewolthausen

Have tried another browser ie Chrome or Firefox ?
    And do you get the same problem?
    IE stopped Working could be a number of things
    So we also need the full IE error message.
    So Can you go to Event Viewer, you can access this by typing Event Viewer in search programs files after selecting Start.
    Give it a few moments to start then select the drop down menu along side Windows logs.
    Now select Applications in drop down list.
    In there will be the error message produced by the IE stopped working message.
    Copy the message there and post it here
    Incidentally did you do a full Windows 7 reinstall just to remedy this problem.
    Or where there other problems occurring the necessitated that reinstall?

Jim23

3. ewolthausen

ewolthausen Techie7 New Member

Sorry Jim, I did not see your reply till now, I do not receive the message any more, things come and go.
    I have tried the other browsers, but do not like them.
    But thank you anyway, I have an other problem, I download Adobe Reader, it says: successfully installed,
    but it does not work, can not open the files. I have Wondershare PDF reader but that does not work for
    all PDF files. Any suggestions? Thanks Johanna
    ewolthausen2@juno.com

4. Jim23

Jim23 Dedicated Member

5. azeemkhan

azeemkhan Techie7 New Member

70% user move to Google chrome at this time reason is that fast speed all of them extension you can add here and use it for your personal and business requirement. I am using from last five years have good experience and use their all feature. Hope after using it you will be agree continue for future.