1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

system restore

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by idr, Sep 9, 2013.

1. idr

idr Established Techie7 Member

the spoolprinter on my WIN XP sp3 made some problems lately and I tried to make "system restore” to an restore pount of about two weeks ago. The restore process took a very long time and then decided that it cannot restore the system.
    I tried it again to a point of about two months ago and the result was the same.
    What can be done?
    Please advise
    thanks

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

3. idr

the computer works fine. the printer's icons desappeared from the folder in control panel, first on-of and finally permanently.
    i just performed "installing the spooler" as in the eHow and activated it but it didn't help.
    I had in the folder three printers a HP lasejet P1005. a Lexmark X1190 (used as a scanner only) and a Bullzip pdf printer.
    the Laexmark scanner vorks fine but its icon do not appear in the folder.
    The Bullzip icon is there and the pdf print's OK.
    I tried to load and install the HP P1005 from CD, but it installed only the icon of some HP laser 1000, and stopped installing as if it cannot connect the USB to the printer. (The same with the Lexmark!)
    I checked all six USB outlets with a flash drive, and all work fine.
    what can be done more ?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  4. Digerati

Unfortunately, it sounds like you need to disconnect the printers with problems, then totally uninstall their drivers. Reboot, then one at a time install the drivers (the latest from the makers download pages) and connect the printers.

5. idr

OK Iwill do it, but please give me instructions how to do it in order to be sure that the drivers are out.
    thanks
    BTW a hacker entered your site and McAfee prevents to enter it

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  6. Digerati

As I noted, you disconnect the printers, uninstall the drivers, then reboot. Then install the drivers, following the printer maker's instructions.

No, I don't think so. There is no evidence of any hacking and I can get in with no problems. It is likely McAfee once again, has a false positive.