1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Motherboard is better?

Discussion in 'General Hardware Issues' started by antonice22, Dec 30, 2012.

1. antonice22

antonice22 Techie7 New Member

2. antonice22

antonice22 Techie7 New Member

Or can you guys suggest me some new good motherboards for gaming, i game a lot. my budget for mobos is around 90-120

3. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

The boards will offer very similar performance and since superior gaming relies more on the graphics solution, the amount of RAM and the CPU, either board will do. The major difference is the ASUS is a µATX board while the MSI is a standard ATX board. Therefore, the MSI has more expansion slots - which may or may not matter.

My personal preference is Gigabyte boards, but I have used both ASUS and MSI boards with no problem.

FTR, I generally pick the CPU I want to use, then choose a board that supports it. That may be backwards to many, but it works for me.

Do note that most board makers provide QVLs (qualified vendors lists) of compatible CPUs and RAM for each board. You need to buy a listed CPU, but there are too many RAM makers and model for board makers to test them all. So for RAM, choose RAM with the same specs as listed RAM.