1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sleep depravation

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help' started by innaquandry, Apr 10, 2012.

1. innaquandry

innaquandry Techie7 New Member

I am currently operating Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32-bit.
    When I put my computer in sleep mode, it reinitializes itself shortly afterward.
    How can I fix this ???

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Hi innaquandry and welcome.

Please explain further what you mean by "reinitialize". Do you mean it wakes up? Note this is often due to some "activity" that activates one of the "Wake on..." commands as set in your BIOS Setup Menu. These include Wake on Mouse, Wake on LAN, Wake on Modem and more.

This can also happen when heavy footfalls or other vibrations "wake" the mouse, causing the computer to wake up too.

3. innaquandry

innaquandry Techie7 New Member

Hi Digerati, thanx ever soooo much for the reply. Yes, "it wakes up" is exactly what I meant by reinitialize. I knew that if I moved the mouse it would wake up, but it was waking up even when I wasn't near the computer. Is there a way to access Bios Set up Menu to select which "Wake on commands I want the computer to respond to only ?

4. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

You will need to check your manual to see how to access your BIOS Setup Menu. Typically it is done by pressing the Del, F1 or F12 key during the early stages of the boot process. You should see a prompt to press the key.

Did this problem suddenly start? It would be extremely rare for the BIOS Menu Settings to suddenly change. So if you did not make any recent changes, it is not likely due to a setting that is suddenly not correct.

You might try turning your mouse on its back to see what happens.