1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Loading Operating System

Discussion in 'General Hardware Issues' started by sam_likh, Apr 1, 2012.

1. sam_likh

sam_likh Techie7 New Member

Hello there

I live in Belgium and any computer help here costs a ton of money.... that too in Euros. Miss good ole US of A.

I have a serious problem- my IBM Thinkpad T60 with Windows XP and MS Office Pro gave up on me when my battery died- at least that's what I think happened the same time I started having issues with the machine. Now, I cannot even get the laptop to boot up. It gives up a message

Error Loading Operating System

I ran the basic hard disc check utility thru start up options, and it showed there is no issue with the hard disc.

I went to a local repair shop and they said it will cost in excess of 200 euros which I think is quite expensive and I cannot afford. So, I am trying to see what the problem is and whether it can be fixed.

This is Windows XP machine, bought from my university (U of M, Go Blue!). I do not have any boot discs and everything came loaded when I bought the machine. So I have no CDs. Now someone said that using the Windows XP sticker I have at the bottom of my laptop has a code that can be used to re-install XP. Someone also said that for MS Office Pro, I will have to contact my uni to get the license code.

Can someone help here? I am at wits end.

2. Wiseline

Wiseline Techie7 New Member

Hello sam
    What do you see exactly when you turn on your computer? How long does it take for you to see the error message? Is it the first time that happen to your computer?

3. Wiseline

usually this happen because you shutdown your computer the wrong way, (power failure) Click on the link below and you will see some steps that will help you ,go through this process step by step. Hopefully it will work for you.

4. Wiseline