1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless USB Network Adapter cannot find and connect

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help' started by Byakira, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Byakira

Byakira Techie7 New Member

Hey guys

So my sister forgot to pay our phone bill. That means that we have no more internet. However, I recently found my Wireless Network Adapter (Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter), and I'm using my sisters laptop that is connected to our neighbours router (it has 5 bars, which is strange because he hardly gets 3 bars when he's in his garden, but I ain't complaining!).

Anyway, I plugged it into my computer, downloaded some drivers on this here laptop and used a USB Drive to bring the .exe's over to my computer and installed it. Now my computer reads the Wireless USB Adapter, but the adapter won't read anything else. I can't find any networks, not even my own, whereas this laptop can read some around us. I manually made a new connection to my neighbours router, and even copied it into a USB on the Laptop, but it still won't connect. Help?

Byaa

2. VopThis

VopThis Senior Member (Canada)

Very occasionally (but annoying, nevertheless), I sometimes get no wireless access points showing or available (mainly after booting). I either remove the USB device and plug it back in (to invoke rediscovery) or plug it into an alternate port(s).

3. Byakira

I spoke with the Belkin people, and they said that this adapter isn't compatible with Windows 7. Deary me. I guess this is solved lol.

4. VopThis

5. Byakira

I see. Is there any way I can install it on my 64bit machine?

6. VopThis

Belkin should have said something if that was possible.

A more complete answer is as follows:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...and-64-bit-Windows-frequently-asked-questions

Can I run 32-bit programs on a 64-bit computer?

Most programs designed for the 32-bit version of Windows will work on the 64-bit version of Windows. Notable exceptions are many antivirus programs.

Device drivers designed for 32-bit versions of Windows won't work on computers running a 64-bit version of Windows. If you're trying to install a printer or other device that only has 32-bit drivers available, it won't work correctly on a 64-bit version of Windows. If you are unsure whether there is a 64-bit driver available for your device, go online to the Windows Vista Compatibility Center.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011