1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Word as Outlook email editor problem!

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help' started by lisa801, Jun 16, 2011.

1. lisa801

lisa801 Techie7 New Member

Hi,

I have been grappling with the following problem for weeks, and would be so grateful of any assistance!

I have Microsoft Outlook 2003 and Word 2003 installed, and I use Word as the default mail editor.

1) However, occasionally when I try to REPLY to or FORWARD a message from a Hotmail email address, I get the following error:
    "Microsoft Word is set to be your default editor. However, Word is not avaliable, not installed or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook email editor will be used instead."
    It is strange that this error only seems to occur with Hotmail accounts.
    I get this error with emails which are sent with or without attachments.

2) And whenever I get this error, and I try to open an e-mail I get a message saying "starting microsoft office word as your e-mail editor" which takes for ages and nothing happens.

3) In Tools-> Options -> Mail Format, the option which allows one to select Word as one's mail editor, magically becomes "unticked", even though it was ticked.
    I have to then re-tick it, but if I try and forward or reply one of these mails again, the box will magically unticked and the error message will still appear.

4) Also in connection with this error, when I want to close Word I get the following message:
    "Changes have been made that affect the global template - normal. Do you wish to save those changes?"

I am running Windows 7, if it makes any difference.

Many thanks in advance!

Lisa