1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worgroup Computers

Discussion in 'Technical Discussions' started by thurgo, Mar 6, 2011.

1. thurgo

thurgo Techie7 New Member

Hi guys!

I very new to this and so I appreciate everyone's patience and willingness to help. I use windstream for my internet connection which is hardwired to a modem. I connect the modem to a linksys wireless router. I have a PS3, a Wii and a computer that use the wireless connection. I originally created a password and hooked the devices up using that method. However, when I go into my Network Places, and click "view workgroup computers", no devices are listed. Shouldn't all the devices using the router be listed? All the devices are currently operating with the internet connection. I use Windows XP and avast for firewall and virus protection if that is applicable. Additionally, the main computer, an HP Pavilion Slimline uses an intenal wireless connection. Of note, I always have a RaLink Wireless LAN Card icon in my tray and I'm not sure what that is from. I'm really trying to establish what devices are using this internet connection, and if I should be concerned that none are shown in the workgroup when I know for a fact I have 3 connected. Thanks to you all:clap:

Jen

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

The WII and PS3 are probably not seen as computers, just other network devices, so it makes sense your computer does not see them.

Then log into to your Router and view "Connected Devices".