1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left and Right channels of Headphone coming out only in Left channel

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help' started by hitman47222, Dec 18, 2010.

1. hitman47222

hitman47222 Dedicated Member

Yesterday i was playing a game with sound working normally , i shut down the PC then went to study a bit when i came back there was only sound in the left side of the headphone .. at first i did not panic and thought the headphone died or something so today morning i bought a new headphone , plugged it in and the same problem happens both left and right sounds comes from the left side only , even in Realtek HD sound manager test both left and right tests comes out in left .. i tried uninstalling driver and using a more updated one but nothing happened , i tried all the other 5 ports left with choosing headphone and the same problem occurs , To be honest i dont know what to do and i cannot find anyone on the internet with the same problem , everyone either get left sound only or right sound only , but i could not find any threads where the problem was left and right sounds coming from 1 side only , BTW i have it set on stereo in case u were wondering ..

Any help would be appreciated :turned:

2. Lassie

Lassie Techie7 New Member

This article is very useful for everyone of us. Sometimes the problem is not that big, the only thing we need is to think and use our common sense.
    thank you.

3. Wikety

Wikety Established Techie7 Member

Have you made sure that the jack is fully plugged in? Or that the headphones have accidentally got knocked and became damaged.

Checking if your drivers are fully updated but I highly doubt that would be the issue.

I suggest 'wobbling' the jack just to make sure its snug fit in the hole.

4. Ztruker

Ztruker Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

What make/model computer? What sound card or sound device?
    Is this a new Win 7 install or did the computer come with Win 7.
    If new, did it works with the previous OS?