1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

want clear useless files of PC !!

Discussion in 'Desktop / Server Applications' started by Abraham Seth, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Abraham Seth

Abraham Seth Techie7 New Member

hi everyone

I want to get rid of all my useless files present on my system.. sometimes my PC freezes also..it very hard to work on it..while accessing files on hard disk also made it very slow..
    so need a tool that can delete junks out of my PC ..!!

Thanks.

2. Jaylon Derek

Jaylon Derek Techie7 New Member

hi,

In recent time i was also searching solution for this problem..and got a software that gives u facility to clean temp files from all users profile present on it...Advanced System Optimizer's System Cleaner helps u in this..as it has also the option to add extension of files u want delete from temp folders..delete junk files , it also delete remnants of the uninstalled softwares..its available at CNET..u can try it..!!

3. jaydeee

jaydeee Techie7 New Member

try ccleaner.
    it is what I been using for a long time.

4. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Sorry I did not see this thread earlier.
    Ummm, that's not true. CCleaner does not do that at all. It deletes temporary files. Its Registry cleaner can clean out orphaned entries left over from uninstalls, but those are entries in the database, not files - and they don't really hurt anything anyway.

You should go through Control Panel Add and Remove programs and uninstall any programs you no longer use. If you don't know what something is, leave it. Plug it into Google and see if you need it. Note that orphaned files don't do anything but take up disk space.

For files and folders on your drive, don't delete them unless you are 100% sure you know what it does, and that you don't need it. If unsure, rename it. I append the date at the end. This tells me when I "tagged" it so next time I see it, I can tell how long it has been. And if I discover I still need it, all I need to do is rename it back by removing the date - I don't have to guess or remember what the original name was.

A slow computer is typically a sign of malware, or too much stuff running taking up your resources (CPU cycles, RAM, and free disk space). For sure, scan for malware. If still slow, read this then start a new topic here.