1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enhanced alert?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help' started by delta, Aug 9, 2010.

1. delta

delta Established Techie7 Member

I'm relocating my PC to a room where I will not be able to hear if email has arrived or if someone has come online. Is there a device which I can plug in to alert me by sounding loud?

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Umm, speakers? Just turn up the volume.

3. contactsophie

contactsophie Techie7 New Member

IS your pc connected to speakers?? If yes, up the volume.

4. delta

It's at maximum!

5. Digerati

I'm not sure of the problem. When sitting in front of your computer, are the sounds loud when the volume is turned up? Or are they always down low? Do you have a volume control setting icon in your system tray (next to the clock)? Is it set to maximum?

6. delta

Yes my volume control works fine and is set high and works fine but it is not loud enough. I wonder if there is a way to transmit the sound to another part of my house?

7. Digerati

If it is loud enough normally, then it does not seem to be a "fault" which is good. So, short of getting a different set of amplified speakers that would really blast out loud, and likely scare the $%^& out of you if you wandered in the room and forgot it was turned up, I really don't know of any option, except, perhaps something like a baby monitor.

8. delta

Now that is a good idea, thank you Digerati.