1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Sound Driver

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Netse Lytle, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Netse Lytle

Netse Lytle Techie7 New Member

I recently had my computer wiped clean (making it as if it just came out of the factory). The operating system was installed correctly with no problems. When i went to listen to music though, there was no sound. Under the Start menu I clicked RUN the input "dxdiag" in the input box. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool appeared, then I clicked the sound tab expecting to get some information but instead all the fields are blank and the message at the bottom reads, "No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer. I'd imagine the manufacturer is Dell Inc....but where do I go from there?

2. Dan Penny

Dan Penny Staff Techie7 Moderator

Welcome to D-A-L.

What is the exact and full Model Number of the Dell machine?

3. Netse Lytle

Its the Dell Dimension E521.

4. bbvijayant

bbvijayant Techie7 New Member

Not to panic you need to download the drivers in this case.There are many sites available life filehippo.com etc.
    This will help you

Good Luck!!!!:sorcerer:

5. Dan Penny

Dan Penny Staff Techie7 Moderator

6. Netse Lytle

Maybe I'm an idiot but none of these suggestions are helping. I've been to filehippo and went through several drivers, all ending in with the same idt high definition audio codec problem. I also went through Dan"s suggested site only to have the same problem as before. I'm lost..............