1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 will not start

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help' started by HAMMER0402, Mar 1, 2010.

1. HAMMER0402

HAMMER0402 Techie7 New Member

I have just re-installed windows 7 on a Gateway T-series laptop. When it starts up itgoes right to Gateway Recovery. It gives me the option to Restore it to original factory setup or exit. When i select exit it just reboots and goes through the same thing again. How can i disable the recovery so it will just start up windows 7. Please any help would greatly be appreciated.

2. tallin

tallin Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Did you run Windows Update Advisor before you installed Windows 7 on your Gateway T-series laptop.

Is your system new? Is it under warranty?

Let us know please.

kind regards,

3. alexcarlson

alexcarlson Techie7 New Member

Hi,

You might have not installed properly. Better re-install it.

4. SevendWorm

SevendWorm Techie7 New Member

Hi. I had the same problem with my desktop. I have updated my system from Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate. I was able to use it for 3-5 days after that, I was having the same error that you are getting. I downgraded it back to Windows Vista Ultimate and it works perfectly then tried the Windows 7 again. It appeared that it has something to do with the video card that's causing it. It's unable to work with the Windows 7's aero. You could try and re-install it if you really want to use the Windows 7 or try to downgrade it first and see if it's going to work better then re-install it back to Windows 7 so that you can properly isolate this.