1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BeerMakesYourBellyGrow

BeerMakesYourBellyGrow Techie7 New Member

my pc started to blue screen,then i brought it 2 a pc shop and they told me its the motherboard that is gone,now it will not even power on,i think the guy said it was a msi 7357 motherboard g33 chipset,i searched and searched but cannot find...i'm a bit of a pc noob imao :(
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me what motherboard i should buy for this or what is compatiable this all the info i have at the minute as the pc is at a friendst:pHILIPS HEPC 7501/05

. Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6750
    . 2.66GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 4MB Cache
    . Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Premium
    . 2048MB RAM Memory
    . 500GB Hard Drive
    . Dual Layer DVD ReWriter Drive
    . 256MB ATI Radeon X1650 Graphics
    . Built-in TV Tuner + Remote Control
    . 802.11g Wireless Network Ready
    Thank you in advance

2. penguinpaul

penguinpaul Dedicated Member

Hey,
    Go onto eBuyer (UK) or Newegg (US) and have a poke around the motherboards. You will want one which has the following specs:
    Socket: LGA775
    1333mhz FSB (front side bus)
    Enough max ram to support your 2GB
    and the right size for your case. ATX is full size, mAtx is like a smaller version.
    Generally, if you have 2 CD bays its mAtx, but if you have 4 slots for cd drives, its an ATX.

If you want any help finding a board, tell me what country you're in, and your budget and I'll try and find one for you on one of those sites :)

- Paul