1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uh oh - 9500gt - windows wont boot

Discussion in 'General Hardware Issues' started by penguinpaul, Feb 13, 2010.

1. penguinpaul

penguinpaul Dedicated Member

I've just got an XFX Geforce 9500GT, and i popped it in, all was fine, windows detected it, but obviously I had a low res without the nvidea drivers.
    Anyway, I went to install them, and it told me Windows needed to restart first, to finish installing the generic drivers.
    And now it wont start up :eek:
    The bios writing all comes up fine, and I get the Windows 7 splash screen, then when that goes, I get a blank screen and the graphics card fan spins up fast.

Nothing :/

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do, before I put my old one back in and start panicing? :)

Thanks,
    Paul

2. penguinpaul

i booted up in safemode and installed the newest drivers from nvidia..
    now after the splash screen, i get a back screen, which flashes white quickly every couple of seconds :S

aahhh

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  3. penguinpaul

everything working ok, using vista drivers off the disc...

still, why dont the latest drivers work?? :S

4. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

Who knows. Maybe they aren't finished or they're buggy. Fortunately quite frequently Vista drivers will work since the operating systems are so similar. Something to keep in mind.

5. penguinpaul

Maybe some time in the future when I get brave I might try and install some newer (but not latest) vista drivers :p