1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows won't open after minimizing-

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help' started by 3izarre, Jan 25, 2010.

1. 3izarre

3izarre Techie7 New Member

Hello DAL,
    I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32. Recently I have came across a problem where I will open a program, any program, and then minimize the window to my task bar, then it won't open again. I have to restart the program and its getting really tedious :taz:. When I move my cursor over the program icon in the task bar. The usual preview window pops up but there isn't a X to close option and when I click on the preview window it just disappears without opening.
    I did a system restore but I still have the same issues. I have also scanned my PC for infections, and its clean. I had a automatic update from windows a couple days ago. Perhaps that's the problem?

D-A-L Computer Hardware Scan Results

Thanks for your time and advice,
    Biz

2. Fingees

Fingees Techie7 New Member

Have you tried right clicking on the preview window, and clicking restore?

3. 3izarre

Lets use Firefox as an example. In the right click options I have 3 choices.

Mozilla firefox (opens a new Firefox window)
    Unpin from the taskbar
    Close window

No restore option.

4. 3izarre

C'mon guys, no one has expierenced this b4? :whistling
    I guess I'm going to have to reinstall. :rolleyes_

5. Ztruker

Ztruker Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

6. 3izarre

Oh my bad I should have posted my fix a long time ago. I used Tune up Utilities 09, when I opened the program it stated my Windows.....Windows weren't functioning properly and I ran a fix. So all is good.

Thanks,