1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA IV missing textures soloutions

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by hitman47222, Dec 25, 2009.

1. hitman47222

hitman47222 Dedicated Member

hey .. so after i found how to fix my missing gta iv textures .. i decided to make a post to help others fix it too.

okay lets start with things you need :

1) All patches
    2) System cache boost
    3) No DVD/CD (optional)
    4) Play the game

Step one : all patches :

the game without patches is horrible and you will face too many missing textures if you did not update .. there are total of 4 patches .. Download links :

Patch v1.0.1.0 : Patches and Fixes: Grand Theft Auto 4 v1.0.1.0 Patch - Demo Movie Patch Download Section - GamersHell.com

Patch v1.0.2.0 : Patches and Fixes: Grand Theft Auto 4 v1.0.2.0 Patch - Demo Movie Patch Download Section - GamersHell.com

Patch v1.0.3.0 : Patches and Fixes: Grand Theft Auto 4 v1.0.3.0 Patch - Demo Movie Patch Download Section - GamersHell.com

Patch v1.0.4.0 : Patches and Fixes: Grand Theft Auto 4 v1.0.4.0 Patch - Demo Movie Patch Download Section - GamersHell.com

Install them the same order i posted .. after installing the 4 patches .. missing textures should now be fixed .. but if not then keep reading :

Step two : cache boost :

Download link : Download CacheBoost Professional to control memory management

"Cacheboost optimizes the System Cache-Management of Windows Vista/XP/2000 and Windows .Net Servers. This results in an best performance boost - without any new hardware, any hardware tweak, and without restricting your system's stability. Simply install Cacheboost and you are ready to go. No special configuration or rebooting is needed. Within minutes you activate unused resources of your Windows Vista/XP/2000 and Windows .Net systems.
    The more the file cache grows, the fewer memory is available to running applications. The result is a significant performance decrease, as requests for memory can lead to the so-called "swapping", i.e. currently unused memory areas are paged out to NT's paging file. The slow hard disk access is responsible for the loss of performance."

That should fix it for those who still have missing textures after installing patches

Step three : no DVD/CD :

Now for the last step .. here are the no DVD/CD for those who dont like putting thier DVD while playing

Download link : Grand Theft Auto 4

Step Four : Play the game :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now i am not sure if this will work for all but it sure worked for me :D

PC spec :
    CPU : AMD Athlon II 250 processor @ 3.00 Ghz
    RAM : 2gb
    Video card : ATI 4370

I am sure if u have better PC than mine it will work for you .. if worse then try it and tell me if it worked :D

thats all folks ... thanks for reading and please reply saying if it worked :clap:

1 person likes this.
  2. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Thanks!