1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP on Mac disaster!! :(

Discussion in 'Alternative Operating System Help' started by Mechnical, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Mechnical

Mechnical Techie7 New Member

I hope someone can help me with this.... I have installed XP on Mac using Bootcamp... A couple of days ago I got this Surabaya virus on my XP partition and I tried to remove it using different softwares but with no luck...

Therefore, I looked for other methods to remove it until I found threads about deleting some data from the registry that contains "Surabaya".. I did that but I accidentally removed data in the registry related to the log-on.....

My problem now is that I cannot logon to windows because it asks me to type in the administrator password which I never had for the account...when try to logon without a password it gives me some hope by trying to logon me in but then I hear the logoff sound and then it asks me again to type in my password.... I have tried to logon to safemode but I get the blue screen (..detected a problem...). I also tried safe mode with command prompt but still the same blue screen.... I tried to repair the registry but I couldn't get it to boot from the CD....

Is there anything I can do to recover my data??? I know this might sound dumb but Is it possible to access XP from Mac partition?? (Mac Partition works perfectly fine)..... If there ain't any solution to this and it is a dead end please let me know so I can start working all over again on stuff that I spent a week working on :(....

Thanks in advance....

2. rokytnji

rokytnji Dedicated Member

I don't know if Mac OS has ntfs support. I do know that Linux does via ntfs3g. Well blow me down. ntfs3g is supported in MacOs also. Looks like you can access your Windows Partition and make writable changes to said Partition. I don't run Windows or MacOS, so that is as far as I can take you. Good Luck with it.

3. Mechnical

Mechnical Techie7 New Member

Thanks rokytinji, I got a way to access my XP from Mac so I am just gonna backup my stuff and then delete the XP partition :). What a relief!!

Problem solved..