1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative SB Audio Audigy 2 ZS-no stereo mix

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by 3izarre, Oct 27, 2009.

1. 3izarre

3izarre Techie7 New Member

Hello DAL,

I just up graded to Win7 Ultimate. I got everything working properly but now that I want to make videos my soundcard driver won't allow me to set it to recording. Stereo mix wasn't included, which is the brain of the operation.

I was wondering if you could find/have a old driver that has stereo mix and would compatible with win 7?

Thanks,
    3iz

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Did you install the current drivers from Creative?

Audigy 2 ZS

3. Dan Penny

Dan Penny Staff Techie7 Moderator

Here's the direct link to Windows 7 drivers for your card:

Creative Worldwide Support

Be sure to choose your particulars in the "drop down" box for your OS configuration.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  4. 3izarre

Will try these driver and get back at your with my results, Thanks for your time and help

5. 3izarre

mydesk - MyPicx.com if this helps

I installed the first option Digerati suggestes, but still no stereo mix. Still no sound "what you hear" recording.

6. Dan Penny

"mydesk - MyPicx.com if this helps"

Is that a question?

Ensure all (hardware) connections are proper.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  7. 3izarre

They are.

Maybe I'm not configuring it right?

8. Dan Penny

Maybe I'm not configuring it right?

This is also a posibility......

9. 3izarre

So...what would you suggest I confiqure?

10. Dan Penny

First install the latest (Windows 7) drivers for your sound device.

Follow the instructions in my #6 post. This may/will clear up any issues with it.

11. 3izarre

I have driver file 2.18.0011, version 6.0.1.1371

12. Dan Penny

And the results on installing this driver set for your problem(s) are......???

13. 3izarre

Still at square one,

Not working. All of my drivers at the moment are up to date.

Sorry for dragging.

14. Dan Penny

You've restarted the machine since the new installs?

15. 3izarre

yes,

But for some reason I still don't have a stereo mix option.

16. 3izarre

Would it be possible to find an old audio driver (which I couldn't) and run it in compatibility mode? <not my idea :p

Do you know where I could get the old driver?

17. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

Vista and 7 are close enough that a vista driver might work however nothing older will. Compatibility mode doesn't apply to drivers. Are you sure that you are getting the correct driver for the correct version of 7 (ie 32 bit or 64 bit)? Right click on Computer & select properties. Look for it to say either 32 or 64 bit.

18. 3izarre

Driver
    Creative Sound Blaster Audigy series driver 2.18.0011
    Filesize : 37.62 MB Download
    Hide Details
    Release date : 13 Jul 09
    This download is a driver providing Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista® and Windows XP support for Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
    File Name : SBAX_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0011.exe

This download is a driver providing Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista® and Windows XP support for Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

This download supports the following audio devices only:

* Sound Blaster Audigy including Platinum and Platinum eX series
    * Sound Blaster Audigy 2 including Platinum, Platinum eX, and Value series
    * Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS including Platinum and Platinum Pro series
    * Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro and Sound Blaster Audigy 4
    * Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook PCMCIA

Known Issues:

* Applications from the original Sound Blaster Audigy CD will not work with this download on Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Click here to download the latest applications that are available for your product.
    * Users are advised to use Audio Console included in this download to change speaker configurations.
    * Gameport is not supported in Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
    * 6.1 speaker mode is not supported by Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

Requirements:

* Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit with Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Vista 32-bit with SP1, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3), Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2005 or Windows XP MCE 2004
    * Creative Sound Blaster Audigy audio devices listed above

Notes:

* DO NOT install this driver for Sound Blaster Audigy LS, Sound Blaster Audigy SE, or Sound Blaster Audigy Value.
    * To install this driver
    1. Download the SBAX_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0011.exe file onto your local hard disk.
    2. Double-click the downloaded file.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.

I have 32 bit Win 7 Ultimate

19. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

There are some applications that have to be downloaded as well as the driver. Have you done so? When you are on the driver page click on "application" & there are 5 different applications for download; after the top 5 the rest are all older versions. Perhaps your solution lies in one of those. You will also find a more up to date beta driver by clicking on beta driver so perhaps that will work. I advise you to first try to install the applications. If that doesn't work you can either contact creative or go with the beta driver. Note that there is no technical support for the beta driver and beta driver can be unstable possibly causing blue screens. Use at your own risk. If you decide to go that route uninstall the current driver and use driver cleaner or driver sweeper to make sure that it is gone. Another option is to wait until they are done with the beta driver. The fact that is a beta drive should indicate that they are working on better drivers.

You get this situation every time windows comes up with a new OS. Manufacturers have to release up to date drivers so that their hardware can be used by the new OS. The same thing happened with Vista. Actually it was worse because manufacturers took longer getting appropriate drivers out & there are so many differences between XP & Vista that XP drivers are not usable on Vista. The situation with 7 is better than it was with Vista when Vista came out because one, many Vista drivers work with 7 & two because manufacturers started developing 7 drivers sooner. Now with that in mind you might wonder why the OS compatibility might say that can be used on both XP & vista. The answer is because you are downloading a "package" that has both the driver for XP & the appropriate driver for Vista but if you get a package that is only designed for XP it can't be used on Vista or 7.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  20. 3izarre

I have the Creative audio console, but it doesn't say anything about output or recording or anything like that. But I will try your suggestions and if that doesn't work I'll upgrade or wait.

Thanks for your guys time and help, great response times.

3iz