1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can download 2 files and put 1 on hold till it finish ??

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help' started by hitman47222, Oct 17, 2009.

1. hitman47222

hitman47222 Dedicated Member

okay so i want to download 2 files ... each one 500 mb ... i have already started one but i need to sleep ... so is there anyway to put any of the others on hold till the first one finish then it work ?? or i either have to download both same time or 1 at a time ???

thanks,

2. broni

broni Malware Annihilator Techie7 Moderator Head Security

With Firefox, yes. IE - don't know.

3. hitman47222

how with firefox???

4. broni

When download window opens, you can click in Pause || to put any download on hold.

5. hitman47222

yes but if i did that it will only put it on hold ... even after the other one finish it will still be hold .. how can i make it resume after the other one finished without having to press the resume button myself .

6. broni

You'd have to use some download manager then.
    BTW, what's wrong with downloading two files at the same time? Are you on dial-up?

7. hitman47222

not really but i dont like downloadin 2 files at the same time ... slows it down ... xD

anyhow any suggestion of a download manager

8. broni

I don't use any, because I still don't understand what's the difference between downloading two 500MB files for 1 hour vs. downloading one 500MB file for 30 minutes and another 500MB file for another 30 minutes.

9. hitman47222

kinda feels slower xD

anyhow i found a download manager thanks for your help :D