1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading Video Card Help!

Discussion in 'How to: Building a PC, Modding, Overclocking' started by Zagubadu, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Zagubadu

Zagubadu Techie7 New Member

Yea but those look like 2 DVIs I have one Vga going into my card and another VGA On a VGA-DVI converter going into the DVI one on my card. Those look like two dvi's. ( Disregard I see that it comes with two converters anyways. )

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  2. Zagubadu

I should really check the picture that says whats all included before posting. So this thing will run high end games? The only game I am really looking to be playing is D3 which isnt all that high graphics need but just wandering how far will this go in games? Excuse the dumb question just want to make sure on everything this has most recent ver. of shader right?

And on a side not please excuse my earlier post a couple days ago. I think I might have edited it before anyone saw but anyways I was being an ass. You've been so much help, I really don't know what I would have done without you :D

3. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

4. jephree

5. jephree

·Digital Vibrance Control™ (DVC) Technology
    ·NVIDIA® SLI™ Technology
    ·NVIDIA® GigaThread™ Technology
    ·Full Microsoft® DirectX® 10 Shader Model 4.0 Support
    ·True 128-Bit Floating Point High Dynamic-Range (HDR)
    ·PCI Express® 1.1 Support
    ·NVIDIA® CUDA™ Support
    ·NVIDIA® PhysX™ Ready
    ·NVIDIA® PureVideo™ HD Technology
    ·OpenGL® 3.0 Support
    ·Unified Shader Architecture
    ·NVIDIA® Lumenex™ Engine

http://www.evga.com/products/pdf/01G-P3-N945.pdf

6. Zagubadu

So is this the best I can get I'm looking at some reviews on it and there not great. The card itself is good but I want something that can handle better, is this really the only thing my crappy power supply will offer? I just wish some people put it what games they played with it. So far all I've seen is WoW with medium settings even though I can run WoW now with low settings and my video card is baaaaad, it just doesn't add up to me.

7. jephree

8. Zagubadu

You said something about no auxiliary power right? Can I use that to get a higher wattage.

9. Zagubadu

You said something about no auxiliary power right? Can I use that to get a higher wattage.

10. jephree

What I meant by "auxiliary power" is that most upper end graphics cards require PCI_E 6 or 8 pin leads from the PSU.

Some require multiple combinations.

In general only a PSU rated @ 500 watts or more will have these leads.

Again if I get the time I will look further but I still see that EVGA card as about the best your current PSU can handle.

11. Zagubadu

So what will the card run speaking games?

12. jephree

I think it will.

It is the highest end Nvidia card your PSU will run and I see no ATI cards that compare to it at its level.

13. Zagubadu

You think it will run games XD I meant like what but I'm pretty sure that answer gives me the impression you don't know, no big deal.

14. jephree

I was not familiar with XD

games XD - Google Search

But it appears to be streaming media which should pose no problems to that card.

For what it is that card being a 9400 series is a very advanced GPU and very high G-RAM.

The fact that it runs under a limited PSU makes it a good fit unless you want to upgrade the PSU as well.

Also good price.

15. Zagubadu

No wow I said what will it run speaking games....... You said yea I think it will. I meant specifically speaking how far in games will it go. Like my video card runs like nothing others can run like CoD. And this is a face XD tilt your head and use your imagination :D. Its the wow did he just say that face. Ok maybe I shoulda done this :pinch:

16. jephree

Well I guess I am at an end point as I can only reiterate that to go beyond that card you need a new PSU as well.

However I do think the card we are talking about will be a vast upgrade to your current system.

17. Zagubadu

Yea but jeez I don't even know any other way of putting it. I don't want to know if it can run games thats painfully obvious that it will. But based on its specs can this video card run something like Call of Duty 4 or something? It'd be like bad video card Super mario cart XD Good video card Crysis. Get it? I just want to know what I'll be able to run.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  18. jephree

I'd say it will run any game at least at the lowest level.

Crysis probably won't run above the lowest level.

As to particular games try to Google them such as:

call of duty 4 system requirements pc - Google Search

Video card: 3.0 Shader Support recommended. Nvidia Geforce 7800 or better or ATI Radeon X1800 or better

Clearly the 9400 is better than the 7800

19. Zagubadu

Alright long time no see. Just thought I would post back to tell you whats going on after getting that card. I can't run crysis on even the lowest settings? Is my computer Jesus? Performing miracles and what not? Even though it seems like a crappy computer? I run Crysis on normal/high settings ( Some things medium some things high ) So yea anyways.