1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB pc controller ?? gamepad?? whatsoever its called its just not working

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help' started by hitman47222, Sep 19, 2009.

1. hitman47222

hitman47222 Dedicated Member

okay well he is a picture ...
    DealExtreme: $9.19 USB PC Dualshock Controller Black

except that the one i bought ainot double shock ... anyways i connect and its says its a human interfance device ... and the test from control panel / game controls works fine ... so the thing itself is working ... but when i try to play with it ( grid / gta iv ) it just does not work ... note that all i did was connecting the thing ... should i install some sorta of driver or something??? anyways ... it just does not work in games ... i press buttons and it just does not work ... note that the keyboard is connected the whole time ... any ideas to make it work???

2. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

All hardware needs drivers; that includes anything connected to the computer & it is best to go with the manufacturer's drivers. I suggest that you see if the manufacturer has any. If not I don't know what to tell you. Did you read the installation directions? You might not just be able to plug it in and go. Sometimes the drivers need to be installed first.

3. hitman47222

well it says in its features section plug and play .... and when i connected it did not say some sorta of error ... it said it was installed .. i will search for a driver and report back :D

4. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

I don't believe that plug and play means that you can just plug it in; you must always read the directions. It still would need to be installed and for all I know there might be specific drivers but I don't know because I know nothing about it. Thats just my thoughts and thats all I have on it. Sorry.

5. hitman47222

no problem mate :D anyways this one comes with no cd its just plug and play like some keyboards ... and also i think the gamepad i mentioned b4 is also plug and play cause i dont see any cd's ... anyways is there some sorta of thing i should do inside gta or grid settings to allow the gamepad ??? cause i dont think that gamepad and keyboard can work at same time on same game right ??? anyways i will probably return this one and buy another :D

6. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

Like I said I don't know anything about that nor do I know anything about those games. Personally, it looks cheap to me. Perhaps you should look for some kind of official controller. That price seems too good to be true so perhaps it is.:no: