1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA IV ... maxed out??

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help' started by hitman47222, Aug 22, 2009.

1. hitman47222

hitman47222 Dedicated Member

well just got GTA IV ... the thing the game works fine without lag but after like 3 mins in game .. stuff starts disappearing like the streets and buildings ... only cars and people are there so technically everything just disappears .. is that a requirment problem??????

2. Kaistar

Kaistar Dedicated Member

Hmm, what are your specs? I've got GTA4 for a long time and has troubleshooted it a fair deal lol.

3. hitman47222

okay well ... i now got far more information than i had b4 ... lets start ... okay ...

note*1 : i have vista and only 2 gb of ram ?? could that be causing any problem ? cause i thought it need 4 gb ??

note*2 : if i put everything on low and all the shadow denisty vehichle denisty and all that stuff to 0 and 1 ... still this happens ..

note*3 : in case you still dont exactly gets whats wrong .. check the pictures

note*4 : i can run the game on high texture/render without lag at all ... but i always keep it on meduim cause on high the problem happens like 5 mins after gameplay lol

note*5 : when this happens if i minimized the game then maxmized it again (by task manager) then the game is fine but then again after a while it starts happening ...

note*6 : pc specs :
    AMD ATHLON II X2 250 @ 3.00GHZ
    2 GB RAM
    ATI RAEDON 4730
    WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE

pictures :
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5526/gtaiv2009082215343702.png

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5749/gtaiv2009082215344826.png

4. Kaistar

Kaistar Dedicated Member

It sounds to me as if you do not have enough RAM. Or at least that's what the problem would strike me as.

I'll search a bit for a solution. It seems as if that your computer runs out of memory to constantly load new textures and such and everything just ends up blanking out. But, this is just from a look at your screenshots.

Edit: Silly me to forget this question, but have you updated your GTA to the latest version?

Edit2: Try this http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?act=ST&f=233&t=381648&st=0#entry1058731149

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  5. hitman47222

well actauly after i updated to patch v1.02.0 everything was fine :D but when i reinstalled the game just to be sure if the problem was the patch and yeah cause the problem happened again :( .. but after the patch everything is fine :D i played about 2.5 hours without any problems :D

thanks for ur help man :)

6. Kaistar

Kaistar Dedicated Member

No problem dude. I remember how horribly optimized GTA4 was for the PC prior to the patches but I was silly enough to forget to ask you that.

My lappie isn't powerful enough for GTA... But come this weekend I should have my new AMD Build and I should be able to run the game on full =D

7. hitman47222

that would be awesome :D