1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can i change prince of persia 4 graphics settings without launcher

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by hitman47222, Aug 6, 2009.

1. hitman47222

hitman47222 Dedicated Member

well like A LOT of time ago i bought POP4 ... anyways my pc was too weak to run it ... so i did not care about the CD but kept the game on the HD in case i bought new pc ... anyways i bought a new pc ... and its more than good to run it at high settings with high resoloution ... anyways i found out that i lost the cd ... so i connect my OLD HD to my new pc and copied it .. then removed the old HD ... anyways for some reason when i try to start the launcher it gives an error saying important registery something was not found ... the settings back then was set to lowest resoloution ... lowest settings ... NO aa nor any other cool things :D

now the game looks like .... ermmmm... TERRIBLE ...anyways the launcher is also not working on the other HD for some reason .. so can i change the display settings from some kinda of another file ?? or is there a launcher i can download??? or what can i do???

THANKS

2. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

My bet is that like most other programs you game actually has to be installed onto your system from the disk and not just run from the hard drive that it was installed on and this is the key point:
    I'm surprised that its even running at all.

3. hitman47222

OHHHH ... well i keep searching for the CD .. anyways i found this folder called launcher .. inside of it was another launcher .. that worked .. i changed resoloution and put everything on high ... i noticed that the resloution changed so yeah :D

4. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

Since you have it on a different system there are probably some configurations settings in the registry but the fact that you didn't install it is all that I can think of. The lesson is that you should always keep up with the disk(s) in case you have to reinstall the program because heaven forbid it or windows would to have be installed again.:tt2:

5. hitman47222

i honestly lose most of my disks ... :tt2:

yeah i know :D ... i hardly know my where windows disks are rather than that ... LOST..

thanks for help :D

6. mrphantu

mrphantu Techie7 New Member

i install to my computer, after that i reinstall windows and i couldn't op launcher file