1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio stops working after a while ..

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help' started by hitman47222, Jul 26, 2009.

1. hitman47222

hitman47222 Dedicated Member

well like 2 weeks ago ... more specific when i installed vista ... the audio worked fine ... but seemed that after long like 5 hours ... the sound quality starts to be bad (like the noise that comes when u use ur mike and put it very close to ur mouth ) very annoying ... however like 1 hour after that .. audio is completely lost .. i have to restart ... then audio is back .. it keeps gettin worse and worse ... currently bad quality starts after 1 hour of running and i lose audio like 5 minutes after that ... also sound is lost in games like 5 minutes after running them ...

i tried changing the speakers. ... but nothing changed :(((

can this be vista - problem ??? or is it the on board audio device problem ???

thanks for help :angel::sleep1::angel:

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

When things go bad after the computer has been running for a bit, I usually think of heat. But on-board sound is not really a big power consumer, so heat does not normally affect the audio, unless there is a bad component.

I don't think this is a Vista problem, though it would not hurt to check the motherboard maker's website for new drivers. I would also scan for malware, and make sure your page file is setup properly, and you have lots of free disk space. Did the problem start on day 1?

If you don't get anywhere from the ideas I tossed out, we will need more information about the computer.

3. hitman47222

well yeah it started from day 1 but it was a loooooooooooooooong time after running it ... also for the driver ... the motherboard maker website. .. ummm does not audio nor video nor the internet driver thingy lol ... however i managed to get the audio driver from the CD ... i did not need the video one cause i got a card and the internet driver got it after searching on the internet for 2 hours lol ....

anyways ... for the computer information .. its a custom build ..

for the motherboard its :
    ASUS P5S800-VM

audio device is :
    realtek AC'97 audio ...

so what u think i should do next ??

4. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Looks like there have been a few updates to me - ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

Have you scanned for malware?

5. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

If it comes down to it you can get a equivocal sound blaster sound card for 30-40 but a driver update might help. I don't like Reltek sound though.

6. hitman47222

well it seems like there was no update for me :D]

i went to the website chosen socket 775 and p5s800-vm ... and then vista 32 - bit and all it came with was BIOS , BIOS UTILITIES , BIOS , MANAUL .... and no i did not scan cause i did not install the anti virus yet ..

and townsbg i am buying a new pc nearly :D u were in my which to buy post ... should be by the end of this if i saved my money right :D

7. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

Well is there a chipset driver update? If so try that. I go through so many help threads that I don't remember most of the content of threads that haven't be changed in a while so I don't remember specifics. I am currently subscribed to 400 threads and most aren't updated anymore so I need to go through them and unsubscribe any that are inactive. If neither the manufacturer (or perhaps realtek) don't have any driver updates that is a reason in itself for buying a sound card if you can.

8. hitman47222

well ... i checked the asus website ... found nothing .. but is there a ... umm ... some kindas of realtek website ??