1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Synchronizing folders help please!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help' started by penguinpaul, Jul 25, 2009.

1. penguinpaul

penguinpaul Dedicated Member

Hey,

I have a desktop as my main pc, but I also have a Samsung NC10 netbook which I have for college starting in september.
    What I want to do is syncronise all of my music and videos, and possibly documents between the two.

I want it to be something that happens whenever both machines are on, so if I add any music to one machine for example, it gets syncronised onto the hard drive of the other machine.

Both are linked to the router, so could use the network connection, or bluetooth (if this is at all possible).

I have found software to do it, but it all seems to be one way, when I need 2 way syncronization.

Thanks for any help anyone can give! :helpsmili

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

1 person likes this.
  3. broni

broni Malware Annihilator Techie7 Moderator Head Security

1 person likes this.
  4. penguinpaul

Oops, forgot to mention that as its a netbook, its running XP. I will look at dropbox when im on my pc :) (viewing pages on my ipod touch is a nighmare :( )
    Thanks,
    Paul

5. penguinpaul

thanks broni, dropbox is great for work etc...
    however, due to the 2GB restriction, etc etc, I can't use this for media stuff...

I am now using dropbox for my work/coursework etc, but is another option for music and media?

6. broni

7. penguinpaul

THANKYOU SO MUCH! Synctoys (from microsoft powertoys) which was the 2nd one on there, seems to have given me an answer.

I've dug out my old NAS, and connected it over ethernet, got it mounted, and sync toys will sync both machines to the drive :)

meaning also everything is backed up on the NAS as well :balloon:

So that seems to be all sorted, thanks again for all your help :)

-Paul

8. broni

You're very welcome :)