1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whos pre-ordered windows 7?!

Discussion in 'Chat Room' started by penguinpaul, Jul 15, 2009.

1. penguinpaul

penguinpaul Dedicated Member

So, whos pre-ordered windows 7??

Ive just pre-ordered Premium, coming on the day of release yay. Went to buy off amazon, all sold out :O Luckily found that comet had them :)

Whos ordered then?? :p

2. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

I ordered two versions of Pro to download from MS at the half price.

Wanted a version on each of my main machines. One will be 32bit and the other 64.

Don't know about other vendors but MS is not billing until release which was/is a nice feature.

As far as I know the half price deal is over in the US.

3. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

I ordered a copy of pro from newegg. I also haven't been charged. Home premium isn't enough for me.

4. penguinpaul

ohh... I ordered it from comet, and they charge now... not that it really matters... im thinking of getting professional for my desktop machine if they still have any left in a few days after ive worked out whether i can afford it right now :turned:
    (got premium for my laptop)

So, presuming everyones got it for the day of release?? :smartass:
    Worth the extra postage charges IMO hehe :whistling

5. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

I chose the download version from MS.

Like the Beta and RC it will be an ISO file so one has to make ones own DVD.

I saw no reason for the DVD from MS as it was an extra $15 plus you would have to wait for delivery.

I think the only reason they offered the DVD was for people not familiar with creating ISO DVDs.

6. penguinpaul

or for people like me, with a stupid download limit heh.

downloading the RC was painfully slow (due to where i live, im getting 512k broadband) and i have a 10gb download limit. argg :pinch: