1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MX Revolution or MX 1000??

Discussion in 'General Hardware Issues' started by penguinpaul, Jun 12, 2009.

1. penguinpaul

penguinpaul Dedicated Member

I'm desperately in need of a new mouse to replace my dying one :(
    I'm thinking of stretching myself to one of the popular MX models, but I dont know which one.
    I've always wanted an MX 1000 / MX laser but im seeing MX revolutions 2nd hand for not much more than the MX1000s.
    So which to get?? I've done some googling, but everyones seems undecided.

Spec wise, the MX rev is much higher resolution, but im happy with 800 atm.. But then, the 1000 has a longer battery life. Ahhh need help please :D

Thanks, Paul :boat:

2. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Mice, like keyboards are individual things. You need to go down to a computer store, then touch, feel, and go click happy with all of them until you find one that "feels" right for you.

3. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Very individual. I use several MX Revolutions and they have become part of my hand.

Love them but as Bill says very individual.

They have a charger so no physical batteries to deal with.

I don't know about second hand mice though.

Go new if you can. Mine were $100 USD each.

4. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

My problem is even though I am right handed, I use the mouse with my left hand.

5. penguinpaul

Last night, after I had closed everything, I had a quick thought, and went onto Comet. I wasn't expecting to anything too good for a decent price.. Buuutt. They had the MX 1100 for £29.99 :eek:

I never really considered this model, as there were no 2nd hand ones on ebay, only new ones which were sort of £50+
    And, ordering online, they had 15% off ALL mice! Bringing the price down to £25.49.

And my dad has been interested in me getting a new mouse recently, as he's worried I'll get an RSI or sommin cos I'm always complaining about this current mouse I have.. So he said he'd get it for me as part of my birthday pressy :clap:

So I've reserved one online, we're gonna pop down to comet today, and Monday is my birthday so yay :)

I checked all the review before I bought, and they all seemed good..
    It hasn't got a built in rechargable battery, but thats not too big a problem for me..
    And I suppose I won't have the problem of the rechargable battery dying (the MX1000 quotes an 8-month life on the battery, although they replace it under warrante..)

Anyway, thanks for all the quick replys, and I'll let you know what it's like when I get it :)

-Paul

6. jephree

Cool. Let us know how it goes.

Just to note: I've had my Revolutions for over two years and the recharging has never been an issue.

7. jephree

Also just to add the left side scroll/toggle wheel on the Revolution brings up a 3D tile or "Rolodex" type interface in Win 7 as seen here:

[​IMG]

8. penguinpaul

Hi,
    The MX1100 is amazing :D

Its got a hidden button on the left grip, which brings up the application switcher, as you just posted jeph :)

The hyperscroll thing is brilliant :turned:

It's comfortable, responsive, does everything I could have ever wanted out of a mouse. Good build quality, and it came with Setpoint 4.80a, which works very well.

Compared to my previous mice: Kensington PilotBoard Laser (Steer clear of this, it is useless. It's a deskset, the keyboard is pretty nice, but the range on both mouse and keyboard is about 30cm line of sight), Microsoft Intellimouse sommin optical, couldnt reccomend that either. But yeh, compared to them, this is a piece of artwork. Engineering artwork :turned:

Highly reccommended to anyone thinking of buying a mouse :smartass:

Thanks for all the responses btw everyone :)

9. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

How did you get 7 to do that? Is there a way to do it without a special mouse like a keyboard combination?:confused:

10. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member