1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no sound.

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by ndeekay, Jun 3, 2009.

1. ndeekay

ndeekay Techie7 New Member

Hello,

I just finished working on a PackardBell EasyNote Mx Laptop but I cant get it to produce any sound.

If I play songs or check for sound it tells me the audio software cant be found.

Can some one help me please.

I will be very grateful.

Thank You.

2. broni

broni Malware Annihilator Techie7 Moderator Head Security

What Windows version?
    Any errors in Device Manager?
    Did you try to reinstall sound driver?

3. ndeekay

Thanks for trying to help. The make of Laptop is Packard Bell Easy Note MX Series.

I have done everything yet no sound. Here is the type of sound it uses manufactured by NEC. I went to their website but it was no use.

Can you direct where i can get the software drivers. Here it is: Device Audio : 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio.

If you can help me with the software drivers, I will be eternally grateful.

Hoping to read from you again.

Thanks.

4. broni

It looks like Intel chipset.

Download, and install Everest: |MG| EVEREST Free Edition 2.20 Download
    Open it.
    In left pane expand Computer folder.
    Click once on Summary
    In upper menu, go Report>Quick Report-Summary
    Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
    Don't include anything under the line Debug - PCI

[​IMG]

5. ndeekay

How do I reformat a hide drive loaded with fake vista software.

Dear Broni,

Thank you for your help the last time. I finally loaded the sound in and it now works although the NVIDIA GEFORCE 7300 Graphics software tends to go off anytime I restart the system after loading it. It seems not to go into the hard disk. At this time, I am merely using the graphics software that came along with WINDOWS XP.

My main problem at this time is how to re-format a hard drive loaded with fake WINDOWS VISTA SOFTWARE. I tried to re-format the hard drive the normal way but it is not working?

I have come to understand that they might have locked the BIOS and just in case, how do I get the BIOS working again?

Broni, how do I go about loading a fresh WINDOWS VISTA or at least get the system working again even if with WINDOWS XP.

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

6. broni

So now, you want to start fresh?
    Do you have your data backed up?

What way was it?
    What computer brand, and model is it?
    Do you have recovery DVD?

7. ndeekay

Dear Broni,

I don't have the recovery DVD. I have the replacement drivers though. Sincerely, the Laptop HP Pavillion model was loaded with a fake Windows Vista Home Premium edition and was promptly locked by Microsoft.

All I need from you is how I can be able to reformat the drive and add a new genuine Windows Vista Software.

Its like the Laptop was blocked from the BIOS and I need you to instruct me on how to tweak the BIOS so as to replace or at the very best add a new Windows Vista Operating System.

Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it. If you have an id on Fcaebook, I'd be happy to have it.

Take care till I read from you.

8. broni

Now, I'm mixed up.
    Are we talking here about two different laptops?
    Packard Bell, and HP?

9. ndeekay

No, my dear friend. I have fixed the packard bell with your instructions.

I need help on an hp system, a laptop in fact.

So, just help me out.

Thanks.

10. broni

Let's sort it out...
    Is Packard Bell laptop fine now?

As for HP laptop, if you're talking about bypassing BIOS password, it's impossible without contacting HP, presenting a proof of the ownership, and coughing up some bucks.

11. ndeekay

Dear Bronie,

The Packard Bell is perfectly okay now. All I need you to help me out with is the way and means by which I can re format the hard-drive of an HP Laptop loaded with fake WINDOWS VISTA OPERATING SYSTEM software.

Please tell me how to go about it? The laptop was supposed to be activated online after loading but it wasn't done and consequently it was locked. Just advise me on how to re-load a fresh genuine copy of WINDOWS VISTA on it.

Thanks a million, Broni. I am really grateful.

12. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

You can get a OEM version of Vista or Xp for relatively cheap [80 USD for vista home basic]. Technically such versions are for system builders but newegg doesn't care. The problem with getting such a copy of Vista is that it will only activate on one computer unless you buy a multi system license.

13. broni

As I said, if BIOS is locked in HP laptop, you're out of luck.
    If it's not, and nobody removed recovery partition, you should be able to access it by pressing F10, or F11 at HP logo.
    F10, if recovery partition contains XP
    F11. if recovery partition contains Vista

If there is no recovery partition, you need to buy OS disk.