1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vista Sound card management.. 2 at once?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help' started by penguinpaul, Apr 14, 2009.

1. penguinpaul

penguinpaul Dedicated Member

Hi,

Im using a pair of Logitech Z-10 speakers, which connect via USB, and show up as a sound device.
    Problem is now, I want to connect an active subwoofer to my computer.. Now to do this I need an analogue output from somewhere.
    Ideally, I would like to use my onboard soundcard to power this.
    But how do I make vista output to both sound devices??? :confused:

Is this at all posible..? Is there a way, or even a patch or something which say for eg, sets the onboard to source its sound from the stereo mix of what the Z-10 device is feeding out to the Z-10 speakers?? cos i understand that lots of programs have one set device..

If everything could be using the Z-10 as default, and the onboard could just be mimicking everything on the Z-10, that would be amazing :rolleyes_

So yeh, if anyone has any help/advice/thoughts.. anything.. theyd be very greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!! :)

-Paul

2. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

Well I don't know the answer to your question exactly but if you go [from control panel] into Sound you can right-click in the window and check to show disabled devices and to show disconnected devices. Maybe there is something there than can help but I don't know for sure. Perhaps you can get an apparatus to allow you to connect your USB speakers to an analog jack and then you would be able to use your sub.

3. penguinpaul

penguinpaul Dedicated Member

Hi thanks for the reply,

The speakers had an analogue input aswell, so I could have done that yeh.. but my soundcard is onboard and pretty poo, and the Z10's sound card is very good (well it should be at £80 for a pair of 2.0 speakers :p) anyway whats ive done, is found a way to use the headphone out on the speakers, and the speakers at the same time, so all is good :turned:

anyway, it will last me for a while now, till i can afford:pinch: the Logitech Z cinema, which is virtually these speakers with a sub :yes:

Anyway, thanks for the reply

Peace Out :cool::boat:

:rolleyes: