1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen problem - hardware

Discussion in 'General Hardware Issues' started by melvicgcano, Mar 23, 2009.

1. melvicgcano

melvicgcano Techie7 New Member

Hi everyone!

I have a Toshiba laptop (Satellite Pro M200),
    1. Microsoft Windows Vista Business SP 1,
    2. Motherboard Manufacturer is Intel Corp, Model CAPELL Valley (NAPA) CRB,
    3. Bios Phoenix Technologies, Model 1.20,
    4. Processor: Intel Core Duo CPU T2350 @a.86 GHZ,
    5. Physical Memory = 1.99 G, Virtual Memory is 4.21 G, Memory devices DDR-2 667 MHz (2 pieces)
    6. Video Devices:

I see two under this section when I ran the Diagnostic Tool from DAL

Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Controller 0 (Microsoft Corp - WDDM)
    Resolution: 1280x800
    Colour Depth: 32 Bits
    Refresh Rates: 59 Hz

Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Controller 1 (Microsoft Corp-WDDM)
    Resolution: x
    Colour Deoth: Bits
    Refresh Rate:Hz

MY PROBLEM is:

I frequently encounter that whenever I use my laptop, it happens that my screen turns black full of white lines and my whole system freezes. Since I can do something anymore, what I do is forcefully turn off the laptop either taking off the batteries from the back or y pressing the power button for such a long time for the whole system to turn off.

Normally. when I restart, I don't get any information why it happened. I got one info once that a nrecent change in software or hardware might have caused the problem.

I use my laptop for video editing and some office works. I recently installed adobe CS4 SUITE and when I started Adobe Fireworks, I got a message that my video card is not allowed by adobe or something like that.

It also happened once that the screen got the same problem and I heard a very noisy, hissing sound from my laptop. Sounded like screeching metals and all.

Can you figure out what could be the issue in my laptop.

Thank you so much.

2. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Greetings and welcome to DAL.

How old is the laptop?

"screeching metals and all" is not a good sound. This could also be the sound of a high speed fan cutting off and hopefully not the hard drive.

I will look up your model plus Adobe specs.

You might check your Event Viewer via Administrative Tools.

Open the System as well as Application tabs and look for red X errors that coincide with your problem.

Also do you notice the laptop getting progressively hotter as you use it?

3. melvicgcano

Wow, amazing timing of reply,

My laptop is 1 year old and 3 months. By the way, I did reformat my system assuming that the problem is my system or a software but it still happened.

YES my laptop gets hotter than before. I mean I have just used it and like in 20 minutes just runnig firefox and exploring my laptop, it gets hoter.

I found this in the event viewer.

Under SYSTEM:

SOURCE: ACPI

I see more than 10 errors related to this.

Details:

: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

Under APPLICATIONS:

I found this:

Source: VSS

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005. This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process.

Operation:
    Gathering Writer Data

Context:
    Writer Class Id: {e8132975-6f93-4464-a53e-1050253ae220}
    Writer Name: System Writer

PS: The screeching sound came from the speaker of my laptop.

Thanks jeff for your quick reply.

4. melvicgcano

Wow, amazing timing of reply,

My laptop is 1 year old and 3 months. By the way, I did reformat my system assuming that the problem is my system or a software but it still happened.

YES my laptop gets hotter than before. I mean I have just used it and like in 20 minutes just runnig firefox and exploring my laptop, it gets hoter.

I found this in the event viewer.

Under SYSTEM:

SOURCE: ACPI

I see more than 10 errors related to this.

Details:

: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

Under APPLICATIONS:

I found this:

Source: VSS

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005. This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process.

Operation:
    Gathering Writer Data

Context:
    Writer Class Id: {e8132975-6f93-4464-a53e-1050253ae220}
    Writer Name: System Writer

PS: The screeching sound came from the speaker of my laptop.

Thanks jeff for your quick reply.

5. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to see what I can find tomorrow or perhaps another member will have some input in the meantime.