1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3rd Party Earphones Rejected by new iPod Shuffle?!

Discussion in 'Chat Room' started by Kaistar, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Kaistar

Kaistar Dedicated Member

This is another site I check often mainly for their "scene" release information but also for the occasional tidbits they post about that I might not read elsewhere.

Somehow I'm not surprised Apple has pulled such a stint once again, but I doubt they'll face a big hit if any at all on their sales. They've done similar stunts in the past and well they're still around.

The original post where I read from can be found here. It did quote the source Bit-tech but I've not been to that site.

2. Kaistar

Kaistar Dedicated Member

Just did more reading on this and it is oh-so-terribly confusing. The latest update I got was that it's a control chip from Apple that's part of the "Made for iPod" program.

I'm trying to figure out what control chip means. They're throwing around terms like proprietary chip and authentication chip and control chip and I'm just thinking of chocolate chips... yum...

3. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

4. Kaistar

Kaistar Dedicated Member

When the iPod Classic came out some people were unhappy as well because a lot of the old/older car stereo for iPods were not compatible with the new Classic as well as some of the video output adapters.

What's Apple up to I wonder.

5. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

6. dobhar

dobhar Technical Guest

Ah, ya just gotta love Apple...NOT!

When I bought my iTouch (Gen 1) I was able to get a great case for it but now that the Gen 2's are out cases for Gen 1 are few and very hard to find. The Gen 2 version is now slightly thinner. So because they made it thinner none of the new slick cases will fit my iTouch... :(

7. Kaistar

Kaistar Dedicated Member

What a bunch of hoo-haa over nothing.