1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't find my drivesrs

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by petandnick, Mar 16, 2009.

1. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

If your ATI Catalyst program is set up for two monitors or TV out then that would show as two monitors in the Device Manager. There are no drivers per se for monitors. These would be the ATI or NEC video drivers.

Looking at that model NEC VERSA L2200 Minisite it shows no option for TV out. It also indicates that Vista is the default OS. If this was the original OS and someone replaced it with XP this could cause all sorts of issues.

As mentioned they have a BIOS update for use with XP. Don't know if you have that or not.

NEC VERSA L2200 Minisite

If you are into serious gaming a desktop is the way to go.

2. petandnick

petandnick Techie7 New Member

just in general knowledge, i'd like to know how to update my usb drivers not via windows update, seeing as windows update fails in most cases

3. jephree

In all Windows Operating Systems since Windows 2000 the USB drivers are embeded in the operating system.

There are no updates outside of general Windows Updates i.e. service packs.

Outside of Windows there may or may not be updates to your motherboard chipset which may or may not affect USB outside of Windows.

If your motherboard has USB boot capability then these drivers are in your motherboard chipset and have nothing to do with any operating system.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  4. petandnick

because this wierd black screen an no audio, "lights are on but nobodys home" only happens when i have a mouse pluged into the usb ports

5. jephree

One thing to possibly clarify these issues is the following:

If you do not connect this laptop up to peripheral devices does it work ok?

No USB. No external monitor. No nothing. Does the laptop by itself work ok?

The best way to troubleshoot is to simplify.

Find a working base then experiment with additional aspects.

A first question would be does this laptop work all by itself with nothing attached.

Also please consider the whole presentation of the problem. When you throw in a line like: "because this wierd black screen an no audio, "lights are on but nobodys home" only happens when i have a mouse pluged into the usb ports " I say to myself: Self, I say, I'd wish I'd seen that in the first post.

All I am suggesting for the best resolution to your problems is to take some time and try to build a big picture of your issues.

I am all into quick back and forth but at some point after 65 replies we need to readdress the main issues.

Hopes this helps as I am off to sleep myself. Back tomorrow.

6. petandnick

it work's fine with nothing connected but i also relised earler today that it's doing it regardless if its playing a game or not when a usb device is connected

7. jephree

As mentioned I am half way in bed .............

From your description I would say there is nothing wrong with your laptop.

If peripheral devices are causing problems then we need to address that.

Again there are no USB drivers outside of the Operating System.

Again if you are using XP it appears someone downgraded this laptop from Vista which is the default OS as per NEC.

If all the above follows I would suggest loading the XP BIOS that I mentioned above.

Just be totally sure you know what you are doing before flashing a BIOS as a failure will kill the computer.

8. gavinhodges00

gavinhodges00 Techie7 New Member

You can download from here. each and everything is available on the Goodl.com but there should be a searching logic to find something.

Download ATI Graphics Driver from the below mentioned linked, i have already checked.

http://www.soft32.com/download_180836.html

9. jephree

ATI graphics drivers should be gotten from ATI.