1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by junkie24, Feb 26, 2009.

1. junkie24

junkie24 Techie7 New Member

Hello, can any one help me please when i try to install something it wont let me andi have no idea what is going on!

Can any one help me please!!!

Thanks

2. rokytnji

rokytnji Dedicated Member

You and me both. Need a lot more info than that. What computer. What operating system. What the heck are you trying to install. What error messages are you getting. Howdy and Welcome to DAL Junkie.

1 person likes this.
  3. AphJN

AphJN Dedicated Member

If you are using windows XP (SP1,2 or 3) and are setup as a standard user, your permissions are seriously limited. I am assuming that you are using XP since you posted in the XP forum, and since that is also the most common OS in the PC world for right now (WIn2k, XP, and Vista all use the same permissions style or Admin, Power user, and Standard user default account setups)

Please reply with what OS it is, What you are trying to install (Maybe it actually a program that Doesnt work with your System) and with your computer savyness (meaning are you new to computers, Been using them for awhile but not quite a "PC God" or if you are very familiar and are just stumped)

Andy

4. Velkovrh

Velkovrh Techie7 New Member

probably you don't have admin permissions to install programs

5. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

What error are you getting? As others have stated if you are attempting to install an application and you are not an administrator then in 2000/xp/2003/vista you will not be allowed to install the program.Try RIGHT CLICKING on the installation file and selecting run as administrator.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009