1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yahoo Address Book "disappeared" into the ether

Discussion in 'General Security Issues and Questions' started by Benbecula, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Benbecula

Benbecula Established Techie7 Member

I hope this is the right forum for my post. Please excuse me if not. I am a BTYahoo internet customer.

For reasons unknown to me I have 'lost ' my Yahoo Address Book with all my contacts information including home addresses tel numbers etc etc. When I compose an e-mail and want to insert a recipients address I can insert the first letter and would get a pop up with address selections for auto complete, or click on Contacts and select from the address book list of contacts. All I receive is a blank window which should contain my Contacts info. I have had an on-line screen sharing problem with Bt Broadband who have told me that it is not their system which is at fault but my computer. I have done a Sytem Restore in the hope it would resolve the problem but it hasn't.

I contacted my s-i-l who accessed my e-mail and 'composed' an e-mail, clicked on Contacts and my BT Yahoo Address with all info was available to him.

I would be grateful for any advice PLEASE.

Ben, Silver Surfer.