1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am at a total loss!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help' started by awjohnson2, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awjohnson2

awjohnson2 Established Techie7 Member

So,
    One computer died and I "HAD" to go buy a new one. Unfortunately they do not sell PC's without Vista on them.

I have pretty much everything set up on it but I cannot for the life of me figure out why the wireless internet doesn't work most of the time.

I have gone into the Network and Sharing center to see what is going on and at first I see my computer and the router with the green connected line between them. Next to that is the line to the internet. when I start the computer it is grey line between them with a red "X" over the line. I click to diagnose and it turns green and says that it is connected to the internet. However, I cannot get the actual internet to reliably come up. It comes up sometimes and when it does it is like lightning but most of the time it doesn't work.

If the connection is actually working and I log into World of Warcraft and then tab out to the desktop to check the internet it may or may not work. What is wierd is that even if I cannot get the internet, it tells me that I am not connected, WoW still stays online and works fine. That is IF I can get WoW to get online in the first place.

I am using Trend Micro Internet Security Pro v.2.
    I have the Windows Firewall turned off.

OMG....please help

2. CaptainMazda

CaptainMazda Dedicated Member

Is User Account Control causing any problems? It has the ability to block internet access and alter permissions for any software on your computer. First thing I did with Vista was disable that troublemaker.

Have you tried updating your motherboard chipset drivers?

3. awjohnson2

I disabled the UAC and in the middle of typing the reply from the Vista computer......what do ya know.....out goes the internet. It worked for about 3 minutes and then disconnected. I will post a HiJack this as soon as possible.

4. awjohnson2

Here is my HiJack this log.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 12:39:39 PM, on 1/10/2009
    Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18000)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Curse\CurseClient.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QLBCTRL.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
    C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\x86\SetPoint32.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Hp\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SlimBrowser\sbrowser.exe
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kdfmgr.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = AOL.com - Welcome to AOL
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Live Search
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = AOL.com - Welcome to AOL
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = Live Search
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Live Search
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = AOL.com - Welcome to AOL
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
    O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
    O2 - BHO: Trend Micro Toolbar BHO - {43C6D902-A1C5-45c9-91F6-FD9E90337E18} - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\TrendSecure\TISProToolbar\TSToolbar.dll
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - {d2ce3e00-f94a-4740-988e-03dc2f38c34f} - c:\Program Files (x86)\MSN\Toolbar\3.0.0541.0\msneshellx.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - {1E61ED7C-7CB8-49d6-B9E9-AB4C880C8414} - c:\Program Files (x86)\MSN\Toolbar\3.0.0541.0\msneshellx.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Trend Micro Toolbar - {CCAC5586-44D7-4c43-B64A-F042461A97D2} - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\TrendSecure\TISProToolbar\TSToolbar.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UCam_Menu] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Media\Webcam\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Media\Webcam" update "Software\Hewlett-Packard\Media\Webcam"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateLBPShortCut] "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\LabelPrint\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\LabelPrint" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\LabelPrint\2.5"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdatePSTShortCut] "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\DVD Suite\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\DVD Suite" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\PowerStarter"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QlbCtrl.exe] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe" /Start
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateP2GoShortCut] "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go" UpdateWithCreateOnce "SOFTWARE\CyberLink\Power2Go\6.0"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdatePDIRShortCut] "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector" UpdateWithCreateOnce "SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDirector\7.0"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Health Check Scheduler] c:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\HPHC_Scheduler.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files (x86)\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LightScribe Control Panel] C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe -hidden
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [OE] C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Speech Recognition] "C:\Windows\Speech\Common\sapisvr.exe" -SpeechUX -Startup
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CurseClient] C:\Program Files (x86)\Curse\CurseClient.exe -silent
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [OE] C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [OE] C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [OE] C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe (User 'Default user')
    O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = ?
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\PROGRA~2\Java\JRE16~1.0_0\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\PROGRA~2\Java\JRE16~1.0_0\bin\ssv.dll
    O13 - Gopher Prefix:
    O18 - Protocol: tmtb - {04EAF3FB-4BAC-4B5A-A37D-A1CF210A5A42} - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\TrendSecure\TISProToolbar\TSToolbar.dll
    O23 - Service: Andrea ST Filters Service (AESTFilters) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt64.inf_bd5387da\AESTSr64.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Agere Modem Call Progress Audio (AgereModemAudio) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\agr64svc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    O23 - Service: Com4QLBEx - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4QLBEx.exe
    O23 - Service: @dfsrres.dll,-101 (DFSR) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\DFSR.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: HP Health Check Service - Hewlett-Packard - c:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
    O23 - Service: hpqwmiex - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
    O23 - Service: HP Service (hpsrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Hpservice.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Logitech Bluetooth Service (LBTServ) - Logitech, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\Bluetooth\LBTServ.exe
    O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Norton Internet Security - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\16.0.0.125\ccSvcHst.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Recovery Service for Windows - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\SMINST\BLService.exe
    O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Shared files\RichVideo.exe
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Security Activity Dashboard Service - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\TrendSecure\SecurityActivityDashboard\tmarsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (SfCtlCom) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\SfCtlCom.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\SLsvc.exe,-101 (slsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Audio Service (STacSV) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt64.inf_bd5387da\STacSV64.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Trend Micro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service (TMBMServer) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\BM\TMBMSRV.exe
    O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TmPfw.exe
    O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (TmProxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TmProxy.exe
    O23 - Service: TV Background Capture Service (TVBCS) (TVCapSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Media\TV\Kernel\TV\TVCapSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: TV Task Scheduler (TVTS) (TVSched) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Media\TV\Kernel\TV\TVSched.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

--
    End of file - 11580 bytes

5. awjohnson2

Also I noticed that when I tried to open IE that on the bottom of the page when it tried to go to the homepage it said something about a dns error at the bottom of the window is says res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm

6. awjohnson2

Please close this thread. New modem and router. so far so good

7. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Thanks for the update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.