1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphic Driver problem. (i think)

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by smartboy3, Jan 5, 2009.

1. smartboy3

smartboy3 Techie7 New Member

Hi guys :)
    I got a problem man.
    Recently, i can't start my windows vista. It will show its loading. After that when proceeding to the login screen, The screen shows white lines all over. i cannot see anything except the black screen and the jumping lines. I restart a lot of times and i couldnt login. i gave up.
    The next day, i tried to on my laptop. Luckily i can log in this time. As i was waiting for the startup, suddenly my wallpaper starts to jump. seriously, the colours change to purple and after that i cant move my mouse and pressing the keyboard wont work. So i restart. the same problem happened again. i cannot login and the white lines appear again.
    i have to resort to using safe mode to play neopets :( lol
    after 1 week, a friend of mine offered to try to repair the laptop. I brought it to him. After checking, he uninstalled my graphic driver and said, ' go home and install the driver again. (Mine is a Nividia GeForce 8600M GS). i was so happy.
    After i went back home, i took my BenQ disc and reinstall the driver. The lappie told me to restart and i did. Guess wat? same problem back.... black screen with white lines.
    HAIZ... so i went to safe mode, uninstall, restart, went back to normal mode. I can not play my dota anymore. no more MMORPG for me too... i check my dxdiag and it says no graphic driver(DUH). no wonder i cant play...

I went to other computer help forum and they told be to driver clean...
    yea i did. i driver clean den i tried reinstalling.
    same problem came back.
    Chronic problem? or easy to solve?
    I NEED YOUR HELP
    pls....

2. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

Uninstall your drivers, do the driver cleaner that you were told to do by the store, & install the latest drivers. Right click on computer & select properties. Look for it to say either 64-bit or 32-bit next to system type. Click on the appropriate link below based on what the system properties page says.
    Vista 32-bit operating system
    Vista 64-bit operating system

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  3. smartboy3

Nope. doesnt work. when try installing the new driver it says The NIVIDIA Setup could not locate any drivers which are compatible to ur hardware. Setup will exit....

4. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

Try going to nVIdia's driver download and chose "Option 2: Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products." Is the computer still under warranty?

5. smartboy3

hahas i had tried doing that long ago... does not work. in the end i still download the same driver. u have warrenty, but i lose the warrenty card so thats why im here seeking help

6. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

all I can think of to try next would be to reinstall vista. Sometime windows gets so messed up that it has to be reinstalled. I think that its either vista or your graphics card. You don't have any way to use the warranty?

7. smartboy3

oh man..... haiz... i dont wanna reinstall vista... what if it doesnt solve the problem? haiz i tried searching for the warrenty card... no hope there... so there is no other way?

8. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

What is the exact make and model of laptop?

The manufacturers drivers are what you need not nVidia.

Their web site might have newer drivers than your install DVD.

I don't see that BenQ manufactures laptops but they make displays?

Anyway go to the computer manufacturers web site for your model/support/download/drivers/graphics.

Also does everything work OK in Safe Mode?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  9. smartboy3

My model is BenQ Joybook S41 Series. Check the website here: BenQ Global - Computing . No drivers to download there.
    Yes safe mode everything is fine. Just that cannot play games...

10. jephree

11. smartboy3

fren... my os is vista

12. jephree

Yes... sorry... I only can find nVidia drivers for your laptop using XP.

You might try it for the heck of it.

Here is the VGA driver for Vista but you probably already have it:

Notebook drivers download

Click the "floppy icon".

Won't hurt to try.

Was Vista the original OS or did you upgrade from XP?

13. smartboy3

os= original.
    same problem

14. jephree

15. smartboy3

negative

16. jephree

What happened?

What error did you get exactly?

Did you uninstall all previous nVidia drivers first?

17. smartboy3

yea i uninstall the drivers first. what happened and what error i have already describe in my first post

18. jephree

What I was wondering was what happened when installing this latest driver? If the driver install attempt created any error messages?

Sorry if this is tedious but short of you contacting BenQ and paying for support all I can do is search and ask etc.

This VGA driver should at least allow you to use your computer in Vista out of Safe Mode although without the nVidia driver you will not have the 3D or game ready driver.

BenQ Europe - Service & Support

19. smartboy3

installing this driver was the same as installing all the previous drivers. After installation, the computer will prompt me to restart. so i restart. after restart, just right before the windows vista logo appear, the same jumping whitelines will appear across the screen

20. jephree

Have you tried under Safe Mode options to load the VGA?