1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Driver Analysis and download, unlike Driver Detective this is all free.

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by tallin, Dec 4, 2008.

1. tallin

tallin Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

I have always been looking for free analysis, download, and information regarding Drivers to help OP's and of course myself to update their Drivers if they receive warnings in Device Manager or otherwise to do so.

Here is a link to do this, with another offering assistance from their FAQ

With full permission from Osc (owner) at Help2Go you may like to read this link with further information. As Osc said to me via PM, helping is all about sharing. After all that is why we are all here.

I have no issues with my Drivers, but certainly if I did have I would find the above links to DriverMax very helpful.

Best regards,

1 person likes this.
  2. penguinpaul

penguinpaul Dedicated Member

looks good, will try it soon, i tried driver detective but the trial is useless :(
    :)

3. tallin

Further to the above posts in this thread, I have found RadarSync free for updating drivers if need be.

On this PC I dowloaded and installed the software, but when I went to run it, I was given a message "Connect to the Internet to run this software". Of course I am connected via broadband 24/7 so that did not make much sense.

I then booted up my Laptop, downloaded and installed RadarSync, no problems there, it ran well and gave full information as to what drivers on my Laptop were out of date.

I have a Billion Wireles-G ADSL Router cable connected to th PC tower (host computer) and the Laptop has a wireless card at the other end of the my home. I cannot understand why the PC states I am not connected to the internet to run RadarSync. I had to be connnected to download and install the software.

Why does RadarSync run on the Laptop and not on the PC?

I would appreciate any assistance. To confirm, both computers are on the one Network, but the PC (only with RadarSync) tells me to connect to the internet before the program will run. :whistling

kind regards,

1 person likes this.
  4. jephree

jephree ¨*·.¸ «.·°·..·°·.» ¸.·*¨

Greetings tallin. Good to see you at D-A-L again.

I just downloaded RadarSync and had no issues with it running.

I certainly didn't appreciate all the Ask.com stuff it wanted to install. Especially for inexperienced users this is annoying but then again even CCleaner tries to push yahoo.

Anyway: at what point do you get that message?

It is downloaded and installed but when you try to open the program you get that message?

Or does it happen when you try to start a scan?

Could it be a firewall issue? Could it be a permissions issue?

5. tallin

Hi jephree,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I agree about the program pushing toolbars, very bad idea.

I get the
    after downloading and installing and clicking the shortcut on my desktop. There is no option but to click OK.

On my Laptop as explained there is no problem at all with the software. The same firewall, same software is installed on my Laptop with no issue.

Value any comment you like to make about both DriverMax and RadarSync do for users, especially if inexperienced.

king regards,

6. jephree

Scroll down to post replies 4 & 5 here which appear to be your issue:

Download RadarSync to Auto Update Drivers and Applications My Digital Life

(note that page took a long time to load for me)

As to my opinion on these programs I don't find them of interest. There is obviously a large market in the driver business. Even D-A-L has a Driver Scan advertiser that I've never even clicked on.

The only drivers I actively update are my NVIDIA deivers as they actively upgrade due to the latest game requirements.

That Radar Sync told me there were updates to almost all my drivers which I don't doubt as I have never updated since the original build.

For example it told me a new driver was available for my chipset but I have no problem with my chipset and don't want to touch it.

As to an inexperienced user they might feel like they should have all the latest but this is not the case with drivers.

If there is a particular issue I always send the user to either the computer manufacturers web site or the motherboard manufacturers site.

I would never take a third party driver. My opinion. :eek:

7. tallin

I get a Cannot find server" on that link you gave me.......twice.

My motto with updating drivers, is "If it ain't broke don't be fixing it". DriverMax told me a couple were out of date, but I did not do a thing as I have no issues with my drivers on either system at present.

I also send OP's to their Manufacturers websites, so we are both on the same track so to speak.

Thanks for your response, I was just curious why RadarSync worked on one system and not the other.........can you cut and paste from the slow loading link the suggested reason why this is so....thanks

kind regards,

8. jephree

Reply 5 appears to be from the developer of RadarSync.

Basically he just says install the latest version.

9. tallin

Thanks for the information, I will have one last go, just to prove a point.

Sorry for the delay, I only just received D-A-L email notification, it went to my Junk box as did others earlier, will have to see what is causing that.

cheers,

10. jephree

It is aparantly an issue others have as well so if a fresh download doesn't resolve it we can search further.

Let us know.

11. tallin

Yes thanks, the updated edition corrected the problem.

I was going to edit my last post, however you were to quick in your reply, so thought I better add another post or you may have missed my edit.

A much better setup, but as you say, for an inexperienced user, the Yahoo tool bar :ban: would be on everyones computer.

The email notification came into my private In Box for your last post. :clap:

Best regards,

12. jephree

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  13. grb1usa

grb1usa Techie7 New Member

I lost the network adapter from my desk pc and i cannot connect to the internet. Microsoft tells me it is a Davicom DM9009 ethernet adapter/controller, but they cannot find a reliable source..? Could somebody please, please HELP? It is my work computer and I need to bring it back to life?

Thanks,

grb1usa

14. Tonesbar

Tonesbar Techie7 New Member

Hello all .. I found this site looking for a free driver update program, because in my humble opinion updating drivers must be the biggest pain in the ass to computer uses, especialy when you have sites like :shuriken: mmphh .... well anyway I noticed someone commented on the DriverMax program ... it looks very nice and the interface is good and easy to use, its just a pity it dosnt work, it aquired the details from my machine ok of the exsisting drivers but then wanted to install drivers for Vista, my machine is running XP I then read comments that other uses had put which were 90% negative at which point the program was hastly uninstalled. I am now going to try RadarSync hopefully this might work.
    P.S. Note to Jephree ... I totally agree about using manufactures web sites but there are exceptions try downloading a driver from Realtec. :taz: I assume yer a Portal fan .. Me2 :yes:

15. Tonesbar

Tonesbar Techie7 New Member

Tried RadarSync fast and easy to use but NOT FREE ... its about time this sort of advertising was made illeagal. :taz: