1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vista password

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help' started by andy.d, Nov 21, 2008.

1. andy.d

andy.d Established Techie7 Member

hi i've got vista basic on the laptop and for some reason it wouldn't shut down, it showed the icon and said it was shutting down but nothing happened it wouldn't turnoff either.The only way to turn it off was to remove/replace the battery now it won't accept the password. Ican get into safemode but it still asks for the password, any ideas what went wrong or suggestions ,thanks.

2. Upgradesforever

Upgradesforever Techie7 New Member

That's pretty lame situation! I feel for you! As far as it not shutting down, that happens once in a while with processes or programs get jumbled up and it just freezes up, I beleive waiting for some prerequisite to happen before it shuts down that is not happening. Anyway, the battery fix is the solution to that and it should reset the default processes and fix that. As for the password problem, that is a little strange, my suggestions for a quick fix would be checking caps lock and sticky keys, if it still doesn't work write back on here.

3. andy.d

andy.d Established Techie7 Member

thanks for the help I got it working it wasn't caps lock it was number lock because some letters have the numbers on the keys on the keyboard ;-)

4. Upgradesforever

Upgradesforever Techie7 New Member

No problem! haha It's sad, but that is the problem the majority of the time with passwords. Some lock is on and it's just not typing what you want it to! I've done in the apast many times! Glad you got it working!