1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

keyboard problem!

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by spinkfloyd, Nov 1, 2008.

1. spinkfloyd

spinkfloyd Techie7 New Member

I tried to change the boot sequence in BIOS but when the screen appears I cannot get out of main page. It seems that the arrow keys are not working on this keyboard, can anyone help with this problem. Thanks in advance.

2. brain_damage

brain_damage D-A-L Team Member (UK)

the keyboard must be working to get into the BIOS, have you tried the arrows in the number block, it may be page up or page down to alter things

3. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

I agree, at least for some of the keys. If B_D's suggestion does not work, assuming the keyboard connector is securely fastened, I would try another keyboard next.

4. spinkfloyd

spinkfloyd Techie7 New Member

Thanks for the quick response to my problem. Tried number pad arrows, no joy there. Connected my spare k\board and it was working a treat, put back my original k\board and everything is working as it should. Can’t figure out what happened, but thankfully all back to normal. Thank you for the suggestions, DAL comes to the rescue once again.

5. Digerati

Digerati Super Moderator Techie7 Moderator

Perhaps some dirt or grime got onto the connector contacts and unplugging and plugging scraped the contacts clean.

At any rate, I am glad it is working and hope it holds. Thanks for the followup.