1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Log on

Discussion in 'General Security Issues and Questions' started by Gamajobert, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Gamajobert

Gamajobert Techie7 New Member

Why am I constantly asked to log in - I've been in the Forum 6 times today and have to log in each time - despite checking Remember me?

2. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

Do you have cookies enabled? What browser are you using?

3. Gamajobert

I think cookies are enabled. Browser is IE7. See also post on Reinstalling XP Pro - could this have anything to do with it? Incidentally, I didn't have to log in today.

4. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

Well I see that you are having some problems which include internet connection problems. Continue to work on this with Dan Penny. Tell him that IE is failing to save your password. It sounds like that is the least of your worries. If I have any thoughts later on your problems I will post over there. Right now though I'm too tired.

5. Gamajobert

OK - many thanks. Hope you feel better tomorrow? I note that posts don't have date or time - is this usual or my IE7 again?

6. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

Posts do have dates/times. It should be at the upper left hand corner of the post above the user's name. IE 7 should show it as does firefox & safari. It isn't very noticable but it's there.

7. townsbg

townsbg Senior Member

An XP disk from a store does have a recovery console but one from a manufacturer might or might not. However such a console is for advanced users & isn't always enough. A recovery disk will allow you to reinstall windows. Is that what you are asking? A reinstall will erase everything on the drive/partition that it is put on.

8. Gamajobert

Oops townsbg - re date/time - my bad eyesight. On XP - I don't want to be accused of using two Forum sites but Dan seems to be very busy, and meantime I am stuck - cannot create new work (see Reinstal XP Pro) - if you have any suggestions please weigh in on that thread. By the way "Gamajobert" means "Hello" in Georgian.