1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no audio output device is installed

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by pinkfuzzysweater, Aug 25, 2008.

1. pinkfuzzysweater

pinkfuzzysweater Techie7 New Member

Hello all! :clap:

Looking thru here, everybody seems pretty computer savvy and I am hoping somebody can tell me how to solve my dilemma.

When I look in the section of my device drivers, it says my sound software is there and operating. However, I still have the dread red X over my speaker in the righthand corner. I also have the mesaage NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED. I tried going to the emachines webpage to get the download, but it didn't work. I have contacted their tech support and NOTHING! Their site won't even let me install and run the sound devices!

I have read on yahoo that there were a few other people who had the exact same problems as I am having. This device cannot start. (Code 10)? - Yahoo! Answers.

If anybody can walk me thru on how to get my sound back, I will be eternally grateful.

I am on an emachine, model t3604, windows vista home basic.

Thank you! :D

2. rokytnji

rokytnji Dedicated Member

3. pinkfuzzysweater

I just tried installing that, but windows gave me an error message stating it cannot unzip the folder. :(

I dunno, nothing has worked on this computer. :wacko:

Thank you anyway...........:21:

4. rokytnji

Don't give up yet. Download and use this to open the zip file by right clicking and selecting 1 of the options. The best way I know how to use this is 1st in my documents make a new folder labled Audio Driver. Then cut and paste the zip file you downloaded into the Audio Driver folder. Then if you have already installed freezip, just right click the zip file and select Unzip Here. Either 1 or a bunch of folders are going to appear. Follow the install instructions in 1 of the folders and install the driver. Boom you should be done. Here is freezip: FreeZip - zip and unzip for free

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  5. rokytnji

Just realized you might not have downloaded the right driver for emachine audio driver . You need to go to device manager where you have the red x next to your audio card and you need to write down on a piece of paper the exact model number of your sound card. Then use the link I provided SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC 5.10.4946.0 software download - Windows - VersionTracker to search for the driver for that exact model number sound card. to find the RIGHT driver enter the model number of the sound card that you have just wrote down on that sheet of paper in the Search Box in the top right hand corner of the web page ,hit search,and see what turns up. If a driver for that card shows up download that one and do the install the way I showed you in the previous post.

I am suprised though. that Windows Vista home doesn't have the driver for your card when it was installed.

6. twobits

twobits Techie7 New Member

Have you tried to download the drivers from your MB CD?

7. rokytnji

8. pinkfuzzysweater

Thanks everybody. I tried everything. When I tried putting the file into the driver slot, windows wouldn't let me "override" it, saying Windows determined that I had the best drivers installed already. Emachines techs went in VIA remotely, tried to fix the computer and were unsuccessful. My computer doesn't even have the "recovery mode", techs confirmed this, so I give up on this piece of crapola. I appreciate the efforts though. Windows Vista is truly an unstable program that appears Microsoft didn't give that much attention to before they released it on to the public. GRRRRRR.........

Reloading and updating Windows did absolutely no good either.

9. nao

nao Techie7 New Member

10. courtney

courtney Techie7 New Member

no audio output device is installed used to have sound but now gone off red cross on speaker icon how do i fix it

11. mak777

mak777 Techie7 New Member

Hi, I am new to the forum and the title of the topic "no audio output..." has brought me here as I had faced similar problem recently. I think here some members are still waiting for a solution. I would like to suggest he a site "noaudiooutput.com" . I had found a suggestion there which worked for me and as there are many suggestions depending on different causes, I am hopeful that any of you too can find a suggestion that work for you. I hope this will help some of you.